Chapter One

1

Humble Beginning

Never in a million years would I have ever imagined myself standing inside this very building. I'm feeling much more nervous than I was on the day of the audition. I inhaled a big chunk of air, hoping to relieve myself a bit.

They had asked me to be here at 7:00 a.m, but I arrived much earlier than that. I made sure I wasn't going to be late on my first day, so I quickly left my apartment as soon as I woke up and even skipped breakfast.

"Song Yejin?" An employee at the front desk finally called and beckoned me over. "Here, you'll be needing these. Please head to the 4th floor and look for Dance Studio 6. Your first lesson will begin at 7:45 a.m." She instructed, handing my papers.

I looked down at them and tried to analyze what they were for. They were my training schedules and details of my living accommodation. The training schedule was very tight, in fact, it was every day for fourteen hours (not including eating periods). I gulped, trying to wrap my head around it. It was all unreal to me; I was in YG's trainee building. "Thank you." I said to the lady, bowing.

I looked down at my watch and read the time: 6:18 a.m. I had more than an hour to spare. The lady at the desk noticed me, "It's a bit too early, feel free to relax at the lounge of the 4th floor and if you want or if you haven't had breakfast yet, you can go to the cafeteria." She said, nicely.

I gave her a nod, "Thank you!"

"Don't be too nervous. Goodluck on your first day!" She encouraged me as I walked over to the elevator.

I stare blankly at the huge gray elevator doors, waiting for it to open. Soon enough, it finally did and to my surprise, Mr. Yang Hyun Suk himself was standing before me. He was standing pretty far from me during the auditions, so this was the closest I've had with him.

I felt my stomach dropped and I became completely speechless. I should say something. Anything. I don't want to come off rude.

"Annyeong Haseyo, Sajangnim!" I greeted, bowing at him.

He took a few seconds to take a good look at me and he eventually smiled. "Oh, Hello, Yejin-ah! It's a pleasure to finally meet you again, this time — in this building."

"You too, sir." I replied, walking into the elevator. The doors closed and I was alone with the CEO of the billion dollar company. I felt very tense.

"Do you start your training today?" he asked.

"Yes, sir." I answered. "Today's my first day!"

"I'm looking forward to seeing you grow and discover more of your hidden talents!" he spoke, trying to encourage me. "Welcome to YG Entertainment, dear! Remember, only the best of the best make it. You're lucky to be here!"

I was already contented with him greeting me and remembering my name, but for him to express that he was looking forward to seeing me grow, it was all very overwhelming.

"Thank you for the kind welcome, sir. I will do my very best!" I replied, optimistically.

The elevator stopped and the doors opened up as soon as it reached the 3rd floor. I looked at him, and he smiled at me again. "Well, enjoy your first day!"

"Thank you, sir." I said, bowing to him again.

He stepped out of the elevator and the doors shut. I can finally breathe again. I tried to gather myself before I reached the fourth floor. As I saw the main lounge area, my jaw dropped wide open. The floors were covered in marble and the walls were paneled by wood. The wall lights complimented the whole essence of the interior. Everything looked really classy, but I wasn't surprised by how classy YG would be.