CHAPTER 7

My heart feels like it's going pound out of my chest. I feel my feet hit the ground in rhythm. I feel the impact of my feet hitting ground. My breathing becomes heavier, I can feel every inhale and exhale. We finally reach the house, Angelica stops behind the tree we hid behind the last time we were here. I am confused as to why we aren't going inside.
"Why aren't we going inside?" I ask grabbing my sister's arm.
"We can't! It isn't safe, if we go we could get caught and possibly hurt as well."
"Then how are we going to save him?"
"We will save him. We just have to be patient-"
"Be patient?!" I say with a laugh. "His life is at stake right now! How can we be patient?!"
"Eliza, please calm down." She turns away from me and looks inside the Reynolds home. I move my head so I can see just enough and that I am not seen. I see Alexander having a conflict with a man. He was average height, he has a beard, and a brown hat on. I can't hear anything, but from what I am seeing it doesn't look good. I see the man pulling out a gun. I gasp putting my hands over my mouth. My heart pounds so fast and so loud the whole world can hear it. "Let's go." Angelica says. She speed walks which escalates into running, our feet hitting the ground at the same time. I am picking up the pace, yet I am still behind her. She opens the door, which is surprisingly unlocked. Alexander and the mysterious man turn their heads to look at us. Alexander looks scared and hopeful. His hair is tossed all over his face, his lip has a small cut, his eyes baggy and bloodshot. The mysterious man looks Angelica and I up and down, causing shivers to go up my spine. His lustful eyes and eyebrows work together making us both know that he's undressing us with his eyes. He looks like a wolf ready to catch his prey.
"You don't want to do this." Angelica says cautiously putting her hands up and walking slowly away from him.
"Who are these two...pretty ladies?" The room is quiet, the sound of heavy, shaky, breath is all that can be heard. Alexander interjects walking in front of us, his arms his shield. "Don't you dare hurt them!" He says gritting his teeth. The man shoots his gun on Alexander's foot causing him to grunt and fall to the ground. I gasp at the sound and the thought of how that could've easily been me. I try to run over to him but Angelica grabs my wrist. I try to squirm my way out of her grasp, but she won't let me go towards him. I look at her, pleading with my eyes. She knows what I'm trying to do, but I can't. For our protection."Did I say you could talk?!" He shouted. His then mood changing like a switch in his mind. He changed from anger to lust. He looks at Angelica and I again. He walks towards us, lust fills his eyes.
"Which one of you is his wife?" He walks towards Angelica first.
"Is it you?" He says in a scary whisper. Angelica stands up straighter, putting a sheild of bravery around her. Even though this sheild is up, every exhale shakes. He stands behind her, making her tense up suddenly. The shield being broken by his touch. His hand goes around her waist and slowly moves it up. Angelica stomps on his foot, causing him to wince. Angelica gets ready to punch him, but he's quicker than her. He grabs onto her wrist tightly making her wince. After he lets go, Angelica is distracted by her wrist. He sees that she's vulnerable in this moment. His rage grows the more he looks at her. He grits his teeth, his knuckles become white from clenching them. He begins to boil like hot water. The rage bubbles up inside him and finally he releases it. He slaps her she then falls to the ground, touching her left cheek. I see a red hand print indented from where he hit her.
"I wouldn't want you for a wife, so I am assuming no."
He walks towards me, his lustful eyes look into mine. I look and feel like a dear in headlights. My body begins to visibly shake. He laughs at the fact and then says: "It's alright..." He stands behind me his face in my neck, taking in my scent. I shut my eyes tightly hoping that he will disappear that this is just a dream. But it doesn't go away, even though my eyes are closed, I still feel his hot breath on my skin. "I won't hurt you." He says in a gentle voice. "You must be the wife." He says. He moves away from me to face me, relief fills me, yet I know that it isn't really over.
"Do you know why your husband is here?" He asks crossing his arms. I shake my head even though I know what he means. This whole time  I have forgotten all about what he did. This man saying these things brought up what I have been feeling for the past few weeks. He laughs a sickening laugh and says:
"Well, he's been cheating on you." Those words hit me, hard. Even though I knew, I felt emotion rise in me. Alexander looks at me with such regret that it pains my heart. But I know that now is not the time for sympathy.
"He's been with another person behind your back." Emotional vomit comes up and I start crying. I hear Alexander's weak voice full of regret.
"Eliza-"
"NO!" The man pauses, switching his emotional light switch from angry to calm. "The damage is done." He puts his arm around me to comfort me which ends up making me uncomfortable. "Look what you've done to you poor, beautiful wife." I get out of his grasp. I continue to cry burying my face in my hands.
"You tricked me!" Alexander says, trying to get up. "Your wife seduced me!"
"Yes...but you could've said no, couldn't you?" Alexander doesn't answer, which gives the man what he wants. He defeated him, he found his weakness. Alexander is standing up with the support of the wall. Angelica is on the ground still feeling powerless. I am still crying hiding my face from everyone when I feel a hand on my shoulder.
"Come with me Eliza, I will give you everything you've ever wanted." I move out of his grasp and shout: "Never." He tilts his head and I can see the switch change again. Fear fills my body and I back away from him. He picks up his gun and points it at me.
"Well if I can't have you, no one can." His fingers go onto the trigger, the gun sounds, and the room goes dark.