Chapter 12

(Audrey's P.o.V)

    After Amber goes back into the cafeteria, I go towards the music room. What's up with this Gene guy? From what Amber told me, he's a bad guy, but... I don't know, it doesn't seem like it. Maybe he's just misunderstood? Who knows...
    I stand in front of the door, placing my hand on the handle and opening the door. I slip into the room and I quietly close the door behind me. I look around the corner, seeing Gene sitting on a stool, strumming a small tune on the guitar. I stay quiet, listening to him. The tune seems familiar.
    "Cause there'll be no sunlight, if I lose you. There'll be no clear skies, if I lose you. And my eyes will be the same, if you walk away... Every day it'll rain,  rain, rain..." His voice is deep, and he continues to play the guitar, but then plays the wrong string and I hear the guitar drop.
    "What the hell are you doing in here!?" His voice echoes throughout the room. I freeze, peaking around the corner and his emerald eyes meet my brown ones. He snarls like he did in the cafeteria and stands up and walks towards me.
    Shit! Gotta go! I go to turn and run out the door, but his hand wraps around my wrist and pulls me away from the door. I panic and I try getting away, but he's really strong. He spins me around and holds onto my shoulders.
    "Are you stupid?! What the hell are you doing following me? Do you think your being smart right now!?" He shouts, his grip getting tighter. I stay silent, staring at his left eye, where his hair covers it. Out of impulse, I move his hair out of the way.
    A burn mark is by his temple and a scar runs from the mark to his jaw line. He pushes me back into the wall, his hair falls back and he pins me to the wall. I shake and stare down at the floor. There's a moment of silence and a sigh escapes his mouth. He moves back. I look up at him, his gaze towards the floor.
    "Get out of here, kid." He demands, pointing towards the door. Without hesitation, I run out the door, slamming the door behind me. Students are in the hallway now, some stare at me, so I run to my locker.

—_—_—_—_—_—_—_—_—_—_—

    I sit next to Ice in creative writing, and I realized Gene is also in this class. Shit. The assignment is to write a back story of someone your choice. I can't help but think about Gene's marks... What happened to him? No way in hell I'm gonna talk to him again... He's so aggressive! He'll probably snap and kill me right there!
Time flies bye and Ms. Duncan collects the pieces and goes to her desk. The bell rings, and everyone rushes out of the room. I walk to my locker and I feel like eyes are on me, so I look to left, seeing a a group of students staring at me and terror. What are they scared of? I pack all my stuff in my bag and I close my locker, turning around and meet those haunting emerald eyes again.
    "What's your name?" He asks in an almost threatening tone. From the corner of my eye, I see Fire being held back by Ice and Pat. I shallow hard.
    "A-Audrey." I stutter, and he.... Smiles? He steps back a bit and holds out his hand. I look down and he holds a small, folded piece of paper. I take it, and then he walks away. I watch him walk down the hall, students moving out of his way. I look down at the paper, and I open it.

    Meet me at the café on Brooks Avenue. - G

_—_—_—_—_—_—_—_—_—_—_

(Ice's P.o.V)

    Audrey has been acting weird the whole walk home. She's been quiet, more quiet than usual and her expression has been the same. Shock.
    What did Gene write on that paper? Was it about the cafeteria incident? From what I've experienced, he's a very violent person. He's gotten into fights, almost killed a student once, but now he just yells and threats kids.
    What did Audrey do to get spared by that? I don't know, and I don't think she's comfortable talking about it, so I won't ask.
    "Where's Brooks Avenue?" She asks, finally breaking the silence. Fire looks at her, confused.
    "Why?" He asks.
    "Because I wanna go to the café on that road," she turns to both of us, "alone."
    "We'll walk you there, then we'll leave." Says Fire.
    "Promise?"
    "Promise." We both say, synchronized.
    I don't like the idea of leaving her there, but... If she needs it, we'll respect her space. So, we start walking her there, it's not too far from the house, so I guess if something happens, she could run home or we could go get her. I hope nothing goes wrong...
    We get there, and we say goodbye and such. She walks inside and we turn to leave but Fire grabs my arm. I turn a look at him, confused.
    "What is it?" I ask, his hair starts to burn.
    "Dark and Anti are in there."

HUEHUEHUEHUEHUE. Gene inviting Audrey to a café, and Dark and Anti are there? Seems suspicious! And, Wilford, where you at? Oh, plot? Okay. What do you think of Gene's character? Is he good? I love him and I might as well just say he's my favorite male OC I've made in a long time.

Don't forget to Vote, Comment and Share! See you next chapter! Bai!~