Chapter 5

I left myself fall backwards, sinking into the comfy mattress of the king size bed. Like a lazy cat, I stretched my arms and legs while looking at the beige-painted ceiling.

I carefully looked around me -this room was quiet. Too quiet, I'd dare to say. My head felt as heavy as a rock so I shouldn't be complaining too much, but the fact that I was all by myself in an unknown room made me feel uneasy.

Isabelle and Andrew had left me here awhile ago, after telling me to take a bath and put on some fresh clothes that Isabelle had previously separated for me. I did as they said and now boredom was striking me.

I couldn't remember much from last night so I tried to squeeze some information out of them -needless to say- without success. Besides telling me what to do right after I woke up, they only opened their mouths to guarantee me that they would clarify any question I could possibly have later on in the afternoon.

The sound of a creaking door made me sit up on the bed and face whoever the visitor was. It was Isabelle.

"Feeling better?" She asked sitting on the edge of the bed.

"Hummm... Yeah...?" I answered almost as a question.

This made her cock up an eyebrow and give me a knowing smile.

"Well, you know, not really. It still fucking hurts as hell."

She quietly laughed and as quickly as she sat, she got out of bed.

Almost as if planned, at the exact same time we heard a soft knock on the door.

"Come in." She said.

"Hi there." The voice said in an low tone, almost as a whisper.

The tall figure entered the room and, not covered by the darkness of the hall anymore, we could see it was Andrew.

"Hey there Andrew." I said while smiling shyly. I couldn't help it as Andrew flashed me one of his beaming smiles.

Although my memories from last night were kind of blurred, I could clearly remember him -or at least, remember when we first met and how nice he was to me after I accidentally spilled my drink over him. Even today after I woke up, he was here by my side along with Isabelle, both making sure I was alright -pretty much like they're doing right now. He came closer to me and I noticed he carried something on his hands -it was a tray.

"What's that for?"

"It's obviously for you, dummy." Isabelle said. She took the tray out of Andrew's hands and sat down -this time beside me- putting it on my lap.

"What time is it? I'm sure it is way past breakfast time."

"It's a quarter past twelve." Andrew answered after taking a quick look at his wrist watch. "We aren't going to have lunch any time soon, so just eat that for now while lunch is being taken care of."

I looked down on my lap. There was coconut water and a plate full of different fruits already pealed and nicely displayed.

"This is definitely too fancy for me." I shook my head. "Seriously, a bowl of cereals was more than enough."

"But that is a special breakfast." Andrew explained. "I prepared it myself -it is an hangover breakfast."

"Hangover breakfast? I've never heard such a thing."

"It will make you feel better after a wild night." He winked.

The atmosphere became lighter after his attempts to make us laugh. Andrew was an easy going guy and I was sure no harm would ever come from him. The judgement I had already made of him surprised me since I'm not the kind of person who easily trusts someone, but -somehow- something behind his boyish grin and flirty ways made me feel secure or, more precisely, made me feel like I didn't need to keep my guard up when he was around us.