Forever in debt to your priceless advice

"Lizzie, could you please treat those shoes with a bit of respect. They're converse you know?" She just looked at me over the cardboard bow full of shoes.  

"Oh yeah, because there is nothing more respectful than keeping them in a box. Tell me, how long have you lived here? Two months or three?" I threw the jumper I had been folding at her.  

"Two, you cheeky cow. And dont pretend you dont have a load of boxes at the back of the shop from when you first brought it." I had just enough time to close my eyes as the jumper returned to me, hurled straight at my face. Lizzie had thrown it with enough power to knock me backwards and when I sat back up again, Lizzie was looking through a load of papers.  

"What are these?" She said as she read the first one. " 'It dosent feel like im living with you, more like for you. Many days have passed when I realise what Id do for you.' Thats deep, did you write that?"  

"No, Noel did. Before he fell out with me." Lizzie sighed. 

"Whats this? 'I need to be myself. I cant be no one else. Im feeling supersonic, give me gin and tonic...' very badass rocker. Do you think you could pull that off?" I wasnt completely listening, focusing on the odd socks from the bottom of the box I was sorting. 

"Hey Liz, do you want to come dress shopping for prom later? Ive never really been before so you could help?" She handed the pile of songs to me. 

"Oh yeah! Sure! That should be fun, especially as its stock day today so Arthur will be stressed. Well, more stressed than usual. Where do you want these?" I took them and looked. I felt so awkward singing songs that Noel wrote. They were his creations, and he hated me.  

"You know what Liz, I think Im going to have to send these back to Noel. There his after all. And there are some hits in there. Supersonic is really good. Can you pass me an envelope please?" She handed me one over from the desk. I scribbled his name on the front and placed it in my handbag. Lizzie was now trying to fit all my books onto one shelf, which clearly wasnt going to work. I watched her struggle for a moment.  

"Come on. Lets go shopping. Its not that bad anyway." Lizzie slumped down on the bed and looked around. 

"Yeah, its not that bad if the whole idea was to hide every inch of floor space. Im not complaining though. Lets go!"  

The first dress Lizzie brought out was awful. A Purple thy lenght dress with a slit from the hip down the side of the leg. It stuck to my fingure in all the wrong places making me look bloated and hunch backed.  

"I am not dancing with Quasimodo, Liz."  

The second dress was a little better. It was a ankle length dress with silver lilys embroided on a pale blue background but the petitcoat underneath was itchy and would knock the feet from under people 

The third dress was more worthy of a rock concert than a prom. A knee length red dress that puffed outwards crazily. The black collar was low cut and would definatly catch the boys attention.  

"That would go so well with your Dr Martens! Even if you dont wear it for prom, you should but it! Your loaded any way!"  

"Yeah. Ill get it. Not for prom though."  

The last dress was beautiful. Pink embroided roses weaved up the 1950s style dress. It came with a light pink belt to wear around the centre. Lizzie had also picked up some floral slip on shoes and a rose bud headband.  

"Wear your hair in a lose bun and youll look like a princess. This dress isnt actually that far from my wedding dress. That was 50s theme too." 

"I bet you looked lovely!"  

"Yeah. Lets get back. Arthur is probably tearing his hair out. Post your letter and meet me in the car." 

Finally sorted with something, I felt relaxed again. There was nothing worse than being on edge about something, and Noel was bringing me down. Shopping had been nice and relaxing. I was ready for next weekend, with prom and my first show all in two days, there was definately a reason to be nervous.