You can have it all but how much do you want it?

"Here you go, Benny. Ive ordered your tux and car all you need to do is find yourself a date. " I snorted into my food as Wanda finished speaking. Ben glared at me. I stuck my tongue out back.  There was no denying that he was good looking but he didnt seem the kind to have a girlfriend for any long period of time. Even his mum seemed to know that. She turned and smiled at me.

"When is your prom, sweetie? Surely you'll be going to back to Mansfield for it? No one misses prom." I just shook my head.

"I never was good with social events. I dont have a date either. Plus im going to be recording in the studio for the next 3 months. No time for fun." I stood up from the breakfast table where the Carlton family and I had been eating and went upstairs to my apartment. My room was in the processes of being decorated with the help of Tim, Wandas husband. I had planned to paint it a light purple, and was currently shopping for furniture to match the large oak bed that sat proudly in the middle of the room at the moment. 

My guitar leaned casually against the wall, where i had left it after marking where it would hang on my wall. The music Noel had wrote me, much like his Oasis stuff, was scattered around the floor. Learning the chords had been the easy part as i found out as I began to look at the lyrics.

"But these are all meant to be sang from mens point of view!" I protested at Noel.

"Well I am a man! Its not easy to relate to you gals you know! All I cam up with when I did that was "Lips, taste nice with lipgloss. Magazines are glossy too.'" I sighed.

"Noel, that is both mean and shallow and sexist. Girls do not just think of lipgloss and magazines."

"Oh yeah? What else is there? Fashion? and Boys? Nothing interesting like, urm, politics and, sex and, life and, urm, cars! I write songs about cars!" I snorted throwing my hands in the air.

"Oh yeah, what about that song you were playing the other day? Wonderwall! Thats a full-blown love song and dont you deny it!" At this Noel had looked very confused.

"How the bloody hell had you known I called it Wonderwall! I did that an hour ago!"

"Noel! That chorus goes :' And after all, your my WONDERWALL! Your not actually orginal with naming things.!" I had covered my faces with my hands, composing myself, before I continued. "Look all I want is a nice easy rock song for me to sing. One that isnt about lipgloss or a womans legs. I do not want to sound like a lesbian infront of Mr McGee." Noel laughed making me very annoyed. He saw my face and tried to stop laughing making him look constipated instead. After a little while his face relaxed and he agreed to write me a song that was little bit more relatable to women.

So the songs that were on the floor now where, different. But with a little of my own editing im sure they would be hits. I was going to be Evelyn Night, the next alternative artist, according to my newly appointed manager and agents, Sarah. I hadnt told Wanda, Tim and Ben yet, but I had asked Oasis to gig at Ben's prom as an apology gift. The act that had been booked before had been a jazz group. I think they would appreicate the new britpop revolution instead at the school. Apparently the theme is 'A Taste Of The Future' I thought it would be a nice little bit of irony.

Its a little bit short but some bits needed to be in a different chapter. The bits in italic are flashbacks so i hope you get that. Please Rate/Review/fan. would be very appreicated. xoxoxHolly