It's The Centuries Remedy

As I had predicted before hand, the first day of school was a disaster. It had started awkwardly, climbed up towards embarrasing and climaxed with a unexpected commitment that i was now going to have to forfill.

If I was being honest, I really liked my new school uniform. It included a bow tie and tartan skirt, with a little straw hat that even the boys wore. I hadnt told Ben that I was moving to his school, I thought that we werent going to be in any of the same classes, I was on the introductionairy program and he would be in his normal lessons. Of corse Wanda knew, it was her idea not to tell Ben. We laughed together about the idea of seeing his face when I walked through the school gates.

"Ooh, im sure he'll like the 'lost little school girl' thing, my dear." She winked.

"Wanda!" I laughed blushing a little. I still didnt really know him, and here his mother was, setting us up.

"Listen sweetie, I have never seen two people destined to be like you two. My money is on 2 kids."

"Wanda! How much of my life, and Bens for that matter have you got planned out?" She smiled, still fixing the hem of my new skirt, and replied.

"None, im just good with people." Huh, I thought, maybe you could help me with Noel.

We hadnt spoke for getting on for 2 weeks. It was hard. He was my first proper friend here. I knew that if we didnt make up soon, we never would. He would be off touring or something. But I didnt know how to apologise, I was telling the truth.

Walking up the school drive, a strong earthy smell hit me. The grounds of the school were large and beautiful. Who would have thought that this could be in London? The buildings that stood proudly were old and stunning. Three boys walked past me and tipped their hats in respect. Their politeness was new to me. I kept my eyes peeled for Ben. Looking at my watch, I guessed that he would be in registration and the boys I had seen were probably prefects. A pair of vast oak door marked the enterance to the main school where the headmasters office would be. As soon as I walked into his office the Headmaster began speaking.

"Ah, Evelyn my girl, good to see you. I expect your here for further instruction? Yes, yes, well I have asked one of my year 11s to show yu around the campus. Meet Ben, he will be your tour guide for the next couple of weeks." Ben and I looked at each other, a smirk playing at my lips as his eyebrows edged higher and higher up his forehead. "Oh dear, it seems you werent exactly what he was expecting. But dont worry, he can usually form legiable words." I laughed.

"I know, Sir. He is my landladys son." Understanding Bens suprise, Mr Oaks laughed too.

"Im guessing you didnt inform him of your starting here then?"

"No sir. I thought I would try and find him, and if not, not mention it."

"Im sorry to have ruined you plan. He dosent have to show yuo around if it would be uncomfortable? "I smiled at Ben and then back at the headmaster.

"No sir. It dosent matter. Im sure we'll get on just fine. Come on Benny, lets get to class. Excuse us, headmaster." Waving his had, smile still playing on his mouth, the Headmaster dismissed us.

"So Benny, where the dram-"

"Why didnt you tell me?" I looked at him, then pulled him into a hug, during which he stood ridgid.

"Sorry Benny, can you get over it quickly though? Because my drama class starts in 4 minutes."

"Evedently, my does too. " He smiled and led me towards the next building along.

The theatre was emense. A polished wooden stage caught my eye as soon as I walked in. The back drop of a castle with a real balcony and an ivy step ladder leading up gave me a clue to the performance. Ben confirmed my suspition.

"Romeo And Juilliet." I nodded before a thought came into my head.

"Do you team up with a girls school or anything?" Ben just looked at me, his auburn hair blocking his fierce eyes. At that moment a boy burst in wearing a dress. I had to put my hand over my mouth to stop myself from laughing, as the boy did not look very happy. Ben whispered in my ear.

"That's Blaine Aymes. My Juilliet." I turned to him, surprised.

"I didnt know you did drama!" He just looked forward. "Wow, are you any good?"

"Yes. Very." I giggled as I slapped him playfully on the arm.

"Yes and your obviously very modest with it."

"Come on, Mr Cox has arrived." He put a hand on my back and steered me towards the chairs closest to the stage.

Mr Cox was a lean, young man. He had a definate 'arty' vibe about him. When he realised I, the new student he had been informed about, was indeed a girl, he gave me a charming smile and beckoned me to the stage.

"Every new student will introduce themself to the class, I know you started late but that dosent give you any excuse." He looked up at me from the audience. "Tell us something about yourself."

"Im Evelyn. Im the first girl ever at this school. I moved here from Nottingham. I listen to Nirvana. My parents are dead." I looked firmly over all of the classes heads as I spoke. They clapped and I walked down off the steps.

"Oi, Benjiminia. Looks like your girlfriend has baggage." Again with the girlfriend teasing?

"Im not his girlfriend." At this Blaine laughed.

"Oh Benny, she dosent even like you." I wanted to shut him up.

"What make you say that? Hey Ben, want to go to prom with me?" It worked. It shut Blaine up. It shut Ben up. To be honest it shut everyone up. Even me. Brilliant start, if I do say so myself.