Nobody Says Its Wrong

"So have you listened to our demo yet?" I racked my brains, trying to think of Oasis's first single. I had the tune but not the title. Finally it clicked.

"Urm yeah, its my new favorite song! Supersonic?" Liam looked at me like I had just shit on his shoes.

"Are you taking the piss? Our song's called Columbia. Where did you pick this one up, Noel?" But Noel was looking at me with something that I couldnt quite place. It was a mix between anger and confusion. The rest of the band leered up at me from the sofa they were sat it on in the middle of the recording studio. I looked at the floor feeling uncomfortable as a result of Liam mocking me and Noel staring at me. The younger Gallagher brother became annoyed with his brothers lack of laughter and smacked his arm.

"Whats up with you? Dissapointed that your new girlfriend hasnt even listened to your music? She probably thinks its shit. I told you this slow rock stuff wasnt going to work. Should've listened to me. I know it must be hard getting dating tips from your younger brother but-" Before Liam could finish taunting him Noel snapped and clocked him straight across his mouth. Liam fell across his bandmates and off the sofa, spitting blood from his mouth. He wiped it away and looked at the blood smeared hand. It took him to register before growling and diving on Noel. With in a minute the two where having a full blown fist fight, knocking down guitars and mics along the way. Bonehead got up and started chanting which set the rest of them off, soon enough it was like a pub on a Friday night. It became too much for me so I left with out another word to any of the men.

It was when I got outside that I realised I was getting a lift home with Noel and therefor would be waiting out here in the cold for a very long time. There was no one about so I started humming songs under my breath. I started with ones that I knew were around in that time like 'Life On Mars'. The verse started slow and quiet building up in the second verse until i burst out singing in the chorus, hand actions throw in aswell.

"Sailors fighting in the dance hall

Oh man!

Look at those cavemen go

It's the freakiest show

Take a look at the Lawman

Beating up the wrong guy

Oh man! Wonder if he'll ever know

He's in the best selling show

Is there life on Mars?"

"You dont seem to struggle remembering that song?" Noel was behind me with a bloody nose and cradling his left hand.

"I dont see what the problem? Its one of your songs, I just remembered that name instead." Noel shook his head.

"How the bloody hell did you know that I have wrote a song called Supersonic? Its not even finished. Have you being going through my stuff? Tell me how you knew or ill call the police and report you for unathorised access to my possesions." I sighed, knowing that id have to lie.

"I heard you playing it in the studio when the rest were eating."

"Liar. You made two mistakes. One: I have eaten lunch with the guys ever day this week.Two: I havent played that song at the studio yet." Shit. "Tell me how you knew. Go on lie to me." He crossed his arms infront of his chest. Well, if he thought I was lying, might as well tell him the truth.

"Im from the future. 2012 to be precises. Remember when we first met? I was shocked you didnt have body guards? Its because Oasis are going to be famous. Really famous. Nine albums, grammy winning BRITS nominated sort of famous. You dont release Colubia offically, but you use it as your demo. Supersonic is your first single. Then you release 2 other singles off the album Definately Maybe. That comes out in 1994. Enjoy it? Because thats all your ever going to get from me. Its probably more than I should have said any way." Noel had never looked more angry in the time I had known him, which was 2 months to the day. Not even when a guitar string broke. Or when Liam teased him. Or anytime.

"Your a lying bitch. A tale telling little kid. Get away from me now. And you can tell your weirdo mate that we WONT be playing at his school. We aint playing for no ponsy quoir boys. Ever. Oasis are too good for that. Now get lost." There was no point arguing. I could see it in his eyes that he thinks I was being sarcastic. He doubted his band.

"Bye Noel. See you around."

"No you wont."

***************************************************************************************************************

I unlocked the front door of my home and stepped in. Ben was sitting at the kitchen table revising for his exams. Wanda was half hovering over him, half sorting out the pins on his suit for the prom. I sighed, full of guilt. The school had been excited for some fresh new music, the school boys had been even more excited for a change from the usual brass band that played. Luckily I had the number of another band that could play but they were more indie folk than anything else, meaning there would be alot of partner dancing. I looked at Ben again, wondering if he had a date. There was that girl Olivia he had met a couple of weeks ago. He had mentioned her a few times and Tim had asked me if that meant they were 'courting'.

"Of corse, Mr Carlton. That is more than likely."

"Good because otherwise he'll be the only one on that dance floor with no partner. The rest of the boys have been planning for weeks."

"Oh dont worry Timothy," Wanda cut in " I have a backup plan." She then proceeded to look a little to meaningfully at me. Taking that as my awkward que to leave I had headed off to the studio. That had been this morning.

"So, Eve, whos playing on Saturday then?" Ben looked up at me from his books as I settled down for the spag bol Wanda had made.

"Urm, The Rose In The Rain."

Lets say next chapter at 3 votes? Thanks guys xoxox