Chapter 19

I stare at Aiden from behind during Biology as the teacher talks about ecology that’s shining from his projector onto the wall. I place my chin gently in the palm of my hand staring at the physical features she’s lucky to have; curves, skinny, tone, and more. I smile and feel my face heat up to the thought of what happened last night.

            We finished what we should have finished a long time ago when my mom interrupted us.

            We were laying on her bed talking about life, and the whole time she held me so close to her I could have sworn I lost circulation, but it didn’t bother me. Her grandparents weren’t going to be back from Oklahoma until today, and her father was staying at his brother’s house, so we knew there wasn’t going to be any interruptions. The next thing I know, it became steamy hot and our clothes were completely off this time. The way her hand felt left me in amazement, and feeling good. She allowed me to experience something I have never experienced with anyone before; something I thought I’d never experience in my life. Although my religion prefers me to marry first, why should that matter when I’m so deeply in love? I shouldn’t have to wait till I’m married to confirm my love for her; my mad, true, deep love.

            “Kadence.”

            I stop staring at Aiden, and turn my attention to Mr. Harmon with my eyes open a little more. “Hmm?”

            “Are you paying attention?” He asks.

            Everyone stares at me, and I feel like I’m being put on the spot. I nod my head at him.

            “Okay, anyways,” He turns his attention back to the wall where his notes are from the projector. “Girls on this side of the room and guys on this side of the room.” He says pointing to different sides. “We’re going to play a game.”

            We all groan and move to where we’re supposed to and I sit beside of where Mr. Harmon’s computer is placed.

            “Would you like to keep score?” He asks me.

            “Sure thing, Mr. H.” I smile at him. “And Jake, keep score for the boys.” Mr. Harmon says to Jake.

            I get up out of my seat and walk to the board drawing a line with the marker to separate the girls and boys score. Jake writes ‘boys’ in a sloppy hand-writing, he looks at me and smiles. “Like that hand-writing there?” He jokes around. I laugh. “Oh yeah it’s beautiful.” I say sarcastically and write the girls name in a pretty hand-writing.

            “Let the game begin.” Mr. Harmon says. Aiden sits where I was next to Mr. Harmon to bug him. I smile.

            I watch as Jake draws a girl figure on the girls side. I open my mouth looking at the outlined breasts. I push him to the side and start to erase it. All of the guys and him laugh. “I bet you couldn’t draw any better.” He says.

            “I bet you I could, I should, I’m a female after all.” I say.

            Everyone laughs to me. “Are you sure about that?” He asks jokingly.

            I stare at him. “Are you sure you’re a guy?” I ask playing this game with him.

            “Alright, alright. Calm down you two. Someone answer this question.”

            I read the slideshow. The girls hit the desk over and over again until Mr. Harmon calls on them. They give the answer and get it right so I put up a point.