Chapter 11

Aiden’s P.O.V

            Me: Hannah, how do I distract Kadence while you and our friends set up a surprise party?

            Hannah: Take her shopping. She’ll enjoy that ;)

            Me: Okay, cool. Bring her home at 5?

            Hannah: Righty chick-a-dee

            It’s December 15th and its Kadence’s birthday. It’s ironic to me how her birthday is on the 15th, and her sports number is always 15. Today we’re going to throw a surprise part for her, because she told me she’s never had one. She doesn’t know what’s coming to her today. I look at my phone when I receive a text.

            Kadence: I’m almost at your house. I love you :).

            Me: I love you too, but stop texting while driving ;)

            I finish getting ready by putting on black skinny jeans and a blue shirt. I put on a leather jacket and grab my purse heading downstairs.

            “Bye, grandma and grandpa!” I yell a loud as I head for the door. I don’t hear a reply and I look around. Oh right, they are working today. I take a deep breath feeling stupid for calling out to nothing. I open the door and lock it going outside so I can wait for Kadence to arrive. I’m going to make her sit in the passenger seat while I drive her mustang. It’s her birthday and she should be treated good. I see her driving from down the road and pulling into my driveway. I walk in front of her car going to the driver’s side. She stares at me weirdly with her eyebrow raised. I open her door and lean down smiling at her.

            “Since it is your birthday, you’re not going to drive.” I say and kiss her cheek.

            “Says who?” She stares at me.

            “Says me, now move over.” I push on her arm gently. She opens her mouth lightly. “If it’s my birthday I should be treated better than that.” She crosses her arms. I shake my head and slide my arms underneath her body. She screams a bit from being shocked then she wraps her arms around my neck holding onto me. I carry her to the other side of the car and I lean down to the door handle and open the door. I set her in the passenger seat.

            “Sometimes I wish you weren’t small and strong at the same time.” She complains. I shut the door and go to the driver’s side getting in. “Do you even know how to drive a straight?” She asks questioning my abilities.

            “I do thank you very much.” I say and put the car in reverse. I pull out of the driveway and head to the mall. I stare at her as I push down the clutch and shift it into 2nd gear. She sticks her tongue against the side of her cheek making it protrude out. That’s another thing she does when she’s been told wrong or is “pissed” off.

            I smile staring at the road and I finally shift it into 3rd gear. I keep my hand on the gear shift.

            “Happy Birthday.” I say out of nowhere. I glance over at her staring at me. She can’t help but to smile since I said that.

            “Thank you. Where are we going again?” She asks and looks around at all of the places around us in this city.

            “It’s a surprise.”

Kadence’s P.O.V

            “Your full of surprises, you know that?” I stare at Aiden.