Chapter 17

I wake up to a room filled with silence and the light that’s barely entering my room from the sunrise. I stare up at the ceiling with a blur in my eyes until I feel a pain on a scale 1 to 10; 7 in my calf on the leg that has the bad knee. I lean up fast with my eyes wide open and I wrap my hands around my calf squirming around to try and handle the pain.

            “Oh my god.” I mumble under my breath trying not to wake up Aiden who’s sleeping next to me.

            I rock back and forth holding onto my calf more as the Charlie horse continues to go on.

            “Fuck!” I accidently say loudly. I look at Aiden with a painful look on my face as she wakes up.

            “Oh my god, are you okay?” She leans up fast and moves her body in front of my legs. “Shh, it’s okay.” She grabs my calf and starts massaging it.

            I lean my back down a little as I place my hands behind me on the bed to hold me up. I look up at the ceiling biting my lip hard, and whining with a closed mouth.

            “It’s alright, Kadence.” She says in a soft voice to comfort me, and massages my calf gently.

            I take deep breathes in and out as my calf starts to feel a bit better from her massaging it. I look at her while she stares down at my calf. “I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to wake you. I tried to stay quiet.”

            “If you’re in pain I want you to wake me up so I can comfort you. Don’t go through the pain alone.” She gives me a slight smile, and looks over at my alarm clock. “It’s time for us to wake up to get ready for school anyways.” She says looking back at me.

            I look at the alarm clock to see that it’s 6 AM. I slide my body down placing my back on the bed when my calf feels better, and I start to breathe slower.

            “Come here.” I motion for her to crawl up me.

            I feel the bed leaning inwards as she crawls up my body. I stare in her eyes when her body is fully over mine, and I place my hands on her cheeks. “I want to apologize for last night. I went overboard.” I say.

            “It’s alright. I understood how you felt. You know I haven’t dis-honored your trust or anything for that matter, correct?”

            “Yeah. I was being stupid.”

            I rub my thumb on her cheek slowly, and I lean in for a kiss as well as she does. Our lips meet, and I close my eyes making the kiss last a little longer.

            “Do you need a shower?” I ask when our lips part.

            “I took one yesterday morning. Go ahead.” She moves her body off of me, and lays back down.

            I swing my legs over the edge of the bed, and I stand up ready to walk to my bathroom until it’s painful to stand on my leg with the bad knee. I fall over a bit, but manage to catch myself against my dresser. Everything shakes on my dresser, and it startles Aiden. She gets up quickly coming over to me, and she puts me into her grasp.

            “Are you okay? You’re dis-oriented today.” She chuckles a bit.

            I smile, and put one arm around her neck. “I’ll be fine.”

            “I’ll help you get to the shower, if you need to get out just holler at me.” She says as she holds me up, and walks me to my bathroom. I look at her a couple of times with a smile on my face. She’s such a wonderful person.