Family

*Epilogue*

Esme's POV

It's been twenty plus years since Joseph and I said I do, years of bliss and understanding, tears and sweat put in to make it work. We'll celebrate twenty-one years in a few months, but today is our twin daughters graduations from high school. Vanessa and Marissa, my eighteen year old grown women, set and ready to head off to college and live away from home. Though identical in every way possible, even down to their father's grey blue eyes, they couldn't be more different. Vanessa is headstrong, defiant, my difficult child but smart and already has her associates in English to help her on her journey to Yale and a law degree. Marissa, my quiet and sensitive child, my straight A, student with a full ride scholarship to UCLA for her degree in civil engineering.

The girls had come two years almost to the date of the day Joe and I married, and I'd taken off for a year to raise them on the road, then I'd come back to wrestle. My career had been cut short though when the girls were four when I'd had a horrible car accident heading home from the store and had to have my neck fused. I had been depressed but Joe had done what he could to help with my rehabilitation, and just after I'd healed we'd found out I was pregnant with our only son Joseph Jr. Even though he looked exactly like Joe in every way, he had my green eyes and my witty sense of humor. He'd be going into high school coming up in August, so I had four more years with my baby at home. He was playing football full time in school, was a straight A student like his sister, and had no desire to be in the wrestling business. His plans including going to the university of Miami like his uncle Dwayne and playing in the NFL one day. I enjoyed being at home, and while I no longer wrestled, I did help out at the performance center with training for the WWE, Joe still wrestled as an individual and was the current world heavyweight champion for the fifteenth time. He'd built his career up over the years, and become the main event he deserved to be.

Phil and Kylie still live in Chicago most of the time, Kylie has a catering business there along with two boys. They'd thought for years they couldn't have more but Damien had been a miracle when Kylie had turned forty, and was her golden haired eight year old. Alex was 20, and in his second year at NYU for journalism, he planned to work overseas one day if possible. Phil retired last year, he enjoys training at the school he opened up in Illinois, and sending Steph and Paul new talent when possible.

My mom passed away five years ago from breast cancer and dad lives in St. Augustine now to be close to us, he still teaches and I think is currently dating, but he'll never remarry he's told me that. He visits often, especially with JJ, they're best buds with Joe and hole themselves up in the game room during football season. Joe cut his hair off about seven years into us being married, at first I hated it because he no longer looked like him, but now I'm used to it, the spiked look suited him.

"Hello gorgeous, you ready to go see these girls of ours walk across that stage?" Joe asked me as he came into our walk in closet, and found me in tears as I stressed over the fact my babies were growing up on me. "Es babe, come on, come here," he said as he pulled me into his still strong arms and held me to him.

"They're eighteen now Joe, my God I feel like time flew by without me even being able to blink. I still remember bringing them home from the hospital, their first steps, their first words, etc. I'm 47 now, JJ is gonna be out the door before we know it too, then it'll be just us, I'm not sure I'm gonna know what to do?"

"What we did before, this time we just won't have to worry about having babies from it," he told me with his signature smirk, the light dusting of gray on his temples made him look even more handsome now. We had been pretty crazy that first year and some change until I'd gotten pregnant with the girls, I think every nook and cranny in the house had been christened by us.