Christmas Part 2

Esme's POV

Christmas morning I woke up earlier than usual around 7, and called my parents to wish them a Merry Christmas, and listen as they opened the gifts I'd sent them. Mama loved her new pots and pans set I'd gotten her from Bed Bath and Beyond, while the new deep purple cashmere sweater dress Joe had picked out she absolutely adored and she said would go great with the new black knee high boots dad had gotten her. I'd known and told Joe, who'd immediately asked me what size she was and what her favorite color was, to which he'd picked out the lovely dress in record time online. Dad liked his new laptop Joe and I had gotten him together for work and the house, and said it would make his life a little easier for work now. They told me my gift was at Joe's parents house along with his and that they'd see me in a few weeks if possible. I told them I loved them then hung up to get ready for my day with the humongous Anoa'i family, and hoped it went well and I continued to impress them.

I dressed in nice dress slacks and a deep green dress shirt, put my hair in a ponytail and finished it off with a red ribbon. I slipped on my dress boots and put on just a dusting of makeup to add color and was ready to go when Joe pulled up to the hotel to pick me up around 9:30, as he pulled me into his strong arms and kissed me senseless like always.

"Hey there beautiful, I missed you last night next to me, think I slept all of three hours maybe four. You've spoiled me," Joe said as he opened my door for me and I slid into the vehicle.

"I slept good but not great, and I woke up once with my pillow curled up in my arms, and not you. Made me a little sad, but I just rolled over and went back to sleep. We're together now, that's what matters, and your dad has given us his okay. I for one am happy."

Joe's POV

Her statement of my dad giving us his okay made my heart skip a beat, because she had no idea that I was proposing to get tonight after dinner. I'd bought her presents for her to open for Christmas, but the ring was sitting on my parents mantel in their living room hidden away behind my high school graduation picture, waiting. I was nervous, this was the biggest move I'd ever made in my life, and I wanted it with her. She grabbed my hand as we drove, her skin soft like always, as I brought her hand to my mouth and kissed it softly, making her smile huge like the gesture was intended to do. When we got back to my parents I saw Jonathan and Joshua with their dad Solofa or Rikishi as he had gone by in the WWE, my uncle Arthur though everyone called him Afa still was there with my aunt and their kids and grandkids, along with Dwayne, his daughter Simone and mom Ata. There had to be thirty plus people like always as Esme got out of the car and immediately hugged Simone and Dwayne's mom, she'd always been close to them seeing as Dwayne's ex wife Dani had been her friend for some time.

"Dwayne quit letting my little girl here grow up, she's getting too beautiful we need to lock her up," she told him as he laughed and I immediately knew everything was going to be okay.

We went inside to grab breakfast real quick before it was gone and then Esme helped the women clean the kitchen as the guys all stood around dad's pit outside and helped him cook two giant pigs and he had half a cow on the smoker next to it.The man was purely Samoan, though I knew Esme would try a little of everything to please everyone, she preferred beef. I didn't see my lovely girlfriend for the next two hours, but when I did she had an apron over her clothes and was helping mom by peeling potatoes and cutting then up. She looked sexy and my mouth had gone dry, as I felt a hand smack me upside the head, and my mom handed me a bowl with dad's secret sauce in it that I'd just asked for when I first walked in the kitchen.

"Boy put your eyes back in their sockets where they belong. Men I swear," my mom says as I chuckle and kiss her cheek before turning to leave and head back outside.