No More Games

I dreaded walking into the PNC Arena in Raleigh, NC tonight, after my wonderful vacation in Florida with Joe, and spending the last three nights making love to him for hours. We were a few blocks away and suddenly the heavy feeling of anxiety started to crush my chest, but I didn't want him knowing I was having a panic attack, something I'd managed to control over the last few months around him. I hated that I was fixing to hurt John in the worst way possible, but I also knew that this had to happen, because if I truly loved Joe I knew this was inevitable. I calmed myself enough to breathe correctly and by the time Joe pulled into the arena underbelly, I had found the ability to walk without falling to the ground.

"Baby if you need to take the ring off, do it until you feel comfortable letting the world know you're with me. I know you love me, I know you're mine, that ring doesn't say that," Joe told me as he looked at me and his words broke my heart.

"Joseph this ring is not coming off until I wrestle, or it's pried off my cold dead hand, I'm just worried about certain reactions okay. All our friends and family know, including most everyone here, but they've been sworn to secrecy because I want to tell John, I feel he deserves that much at least. You just have to trust me," I said kissing him and then opening my door to get out as Kylie runs over and shows me her engagement ring, then grabs my hand and admires mine.

"John and Nikki are in his locker room right now, but she has a match towards the beginning of the show, if you want to talk to John then. I will probably never understand why you care what his reaction is going to be, personally I'd flaunt that ring all around him until he couldn't handle it. That's just me though, I'm evil and vindictive," Kylie said as I gave her a look and walked towards my dressing room and found Phil and the rest of Joe's group together.

"No one died did they, because normally Phil you'd be in another room from the SHIELD, or did you finally realize they aren't so bad after all?"

"Hush Esme, believe it or not I gave these guys a chance, and they're not so bad after all. You're marrying one of them so I figured I might as well join the party, is that a problem? And everyone knows to keep their mouth shut around John, so no worries there," Phil told me as I finally relaxed completely, and grabbed a chair do Kylie could do my hair and make-up.

John's POV

Today Esme comes back from her mini vacation which from what Phil told me went well, and I'm happy for her. Nikki met my own family during Christmas it just didn't go as well as I'd hoped, and we'd left early because she'd started getting pissy. My mom had made the comment she had a present for Esme and she wanted me to give it to her, and it'd set Nikki off and to keep the peace I'd taken Nikki back to the hotel to chill out. I had the present in my duffel bag and planned to give it to her at some point tonight, but as I walked into the arena I noticed looks from superstars and divas, which made me uncomfortable. Had something bad happened while I'd been gone, was someone out, or what cause these glances annoyed me. I went to my locker room, changed into my ring clothes, and grabbed the present to take it to Esme who shared a room with her man now, and Phil and Randy.

I knocked on the door and Randy opened it in his viper shirt and jeans, as we hugged one another and asked if I could come in, to which I heard a collective yes. Joe was in the corner playing a game against Phil while Colby watched, as Jonathan was getting dressed and Esme was getting her make-up done by Kylie. I noticed her face looked slightly pale like she was nervous about something, until I saw the sparkler on Kylie's finger and offered her my congratulations.

"Bout time Phil made you an honest woman, I was beginning to worry he'd never set foot into the husband club," I joked as she hugged me and said thank you, "Esme I brought you this from my mom, she hopes you like it."