Raw Means War

Today is Monday night Raw, and as I sit in my locker room, which I share with Kaitlyn and Layla, I can't help but recall what Leati told me last night about John. How dare my best friend be such a caveman and think it's okay to claim me as his, when clearly I'm my own person? Mom had warned me that getting involved with a co-worker could be disastrous, but she also knew I'd do as I pleased and work it out on my own. I'm still dressed in my street clothes considering I have two hours before I have to be ready, so I decide to make my way to catering to find me water and some fruit to munch on. While in there I notice Drew walk in and run over and give him a big hug, as he laughs and kisses my cheek, and tells me 3MB is making a special appearance tonight on Raw.

"That's awesome Drew, good to have you back, even it is for one night. Hey question, and please be honest. Is John Cena going around chasing off guys from dating me by saying we are together still?"

Drew gets a sheepish look on his face and looks at me with his intensely blue eyes apologetically, and I already know the answer, as he nods his head and backs up, because I'm pissed. "Can you blame him darlin' you're beautiful, young and successful just like him. You put up with him in a way Liz never did, and I think he feels you'll change your mind about you two if he's persistent. I'm sorry I had to tell you," he says as he hugs me and walks off.

I grab my water, and an apple before going in search of the jackass who thinks he can control my love life on his own, and thank the Lord I'm wearing my boots and not tennis shoes so if I decide to kick his ass it'll hurt more. As I look around I say hi to my fellow superstars and hug Ric and Paul when I see them, but nothing is getting in my way of dealing with John and his obsession with me. I finally find his locker room and pound on the door with all my might, and he opens the door in his jean shorts and no shirt, as I push my way inside and slam the door behind me.

"Well hello to you to Esme," he says sarcastically as he turns to grab his shirt and pulls it on.

"Don't get that tone with me John Felix Anthony Cena, where the hell do you get off telling everyone I'm off limits? Dammit John, I'm sorry we didn't work out okay, but I'm not Liz you can't control me," I told him but instantly regretted it because I saw the look of hurt cross his face when I mentioned Liz.

"I did that to try and protect you Es, because I know what kind of dogs men in this business are. I also wanted you to realize that in the six years you've been in the business you've had three relationships, though Mike was a jackass and you dumped him pretty quickly, but you were with Drew for two years, and me for a year, and you still keep trying. I will always love you Esmeralda, you opened my eyes to what living was again, and I was being selfish."

Wow, how do you explain yourself after that kind of comment, especially when it's coming from one of your best friends. "John I appreciate the fact you worry, and it's good to know you're looking out for me here, but I've got to learn on my own too. You know this, you know if I fall I pick myself back up and go on with my life, I've never been the type to let something bring me down."

"Kid, yoy have no idea how lucky you are to be resilient and understanding like you are. After Liz, I felt like my heart had been pulled out, stomped on with spikes and thrown back in my chest. Then I trusted you, and you helped heal the wounds, and i grew to respect women again. If Leati is who you want you have my blessing to date him, not that you needed it. If he hurts you though, I'll make him pay," he said as he hugged me and I felt better, though I still punched his chest and made him hurt.

"That's for being an ass and not talking to me first, before you make a decision for me. I'm not going anywhere John, you're a part of my life and probably always will be, but you have to let me grow up and make mistakes," I said and left him to think.

I went back to my locker room and changed into my ring usual ring attire of black pants, and a black halter top with stars and a rose in pink that matched my black and pink boots. I pulled my hair up into a ponytail and Kylie curled the ends, then added makeup to complete the look. I heard my name being called to gorilla position and walked over to stand and wait, while John finished his match against Phil, for the last place in the Elimination Chamber match in a few weeks. John won by pin fall and both the guys came back up the ramp sweating and tired, as Kaitlyn's music sounded and the ring announcer did his thing, then I heard the familiar music of "She's Country" by Jason Aldean playing and I ran out to the ring and slid into it, jumping on the turnbuckle and flipping off it like always. Referee Sam motioned for the bell and we locked up and I got into my zone, throwing punches, hitting her with moves left and right, and finally doing my own version of a hurricanrana and slamming her face first into the mat. I pinned for the 3 count and won my match, giving me the new spot as number 1 contender for the Divas belt.

Once backstage I took a shower and changed into sweat pants and a tank top, packed my things and headed back to the hotel. Leati texted me on the way saying he's seen my match and to call him Joseph because he was named after his dad, and got confused seeing his dad's name come across his phone sometimes. I laughed and said ok, and we continued to text until I got to the hotel, and I saw flowers in my room waiting for me. Beautiful pink and orange roses that smelled amazing sat in a vase on the nightstand and I pulled the card out and read the message inside:

Thought of a way I could surprise you, and since I know you're a fan of roses I sent you some that are as unique as you. Can't wait until next week.

Joe