The school's heart breaker is my brother...

Sam's POV:

 I couldn’t breathe, my body felt numb and cold and I couldn’t help but wonder if by some miracle it was me that had just died.

I felt evil wishing death upon myself but as I looked at my little sister Mia as she clasped my hand with all her might, tears flowing down her cheeks, her heart breaking I knew that at least if it was me that was dead she would have a future. 

How the hell was I supposed to look after and support myself and Mia, I had no job I wasn’t even 18 yet for god sakes. All i wanted to do was party and meet girls, I had my whole life ahead of me, or at least I thought I did after today I knew nothing was for sure anymore.

My mother’s dead body proved that.

A sharp pull on my arm brought me back to my senses and I looked to Mia who was staring at me, her big blues eyes expected but cold with fear and hate. 

I looked back to the policed officer’s in the room and raised my eye brows at them, hoping they wold repeat the question again, not that I really cared what these jerks had to say.

“Mr Crown as I just said you will have to come down to the hospital morgue to identify your mother’s body.”  

I stared at him my eyes unblinking as I processed what he had just asked me to do.

I stood up slowly unsure that my legs were capable of holding me up. The police officer looked to the ground uncomfortably his gaze focusing on anything but me.

“Go home Mia.” That was all I had to say, I didn’t even have the strength to look at her as I said this. I felt a single tear escape from my eye as I thought about the word “Home.”

The dictionary definition of home – A place where all the family collectively lives together and receive care, rest or refuge.

I nearly started pissing myself with laughter as I thought about what home meant for Mia and I now.

Sam’s definition of home – A place where most of the family are either missing or dead and receive no care, rest or refuge because the only people living there are children.

Which version would you prefer???

“What the hell Sam!!!!!!!!” Mia’s high pitched wail brought my back to reality. 

“She was my mum too you know,” She screamed at me. 

No shit Sherlock I thought to myself but I kept my mouth shut.

“Shut up Mia I’m the oldest and I’m the one making the decisions for this family from now on.” I told her firmly.

“HA!” She spat in my face and I took a quick step backwards shocked at her anger.

“This is not a family Sam, family is not two kids watching their father disappear and their mother die.” She suddenly broke down, her legs collapsing and her body shaking in front of me and began to cry her eyes out. 

“Mia…” My voice sounded distant and broken.

“I hate you…” She mumbled though her tears and chocked back a sob. I looked down at her tear stained face and felt physically sick, what the hell am I going to do I thought sadly to myself. 

“Let’s go.” I said to the police officer as I took one last look at Mia who still lay in a crumpled heap of heart break on the floor before exciting out of the room with the police officers in tow. 

As soon as I reached the hall way outside of Mrs Park’s office I was tackled to the floor roughly but a muscular and very crazy guy.

In other words, my best friend Scott.