The school's heart breaker is my brother...

Mia's POV:

I could hear his heartbroken and agonized cries as soon as I entered the house. I walked slowly into the living room fear gnawing it's sharped little teeth on my insides.

As I entered the room I came face to face with my brother lying on the floor his body completely crumpled in posture as his body jerked as he sobbed loudly.

Instantly I was filled with a sickening amount of guilt as I though back to the anger I had been feeling at Chase and Scott caring about nothing except how to possibly wipe out mankind. While Sam had been some where with the cops and obviously been here alone by himself for quite sometime.

I felt guilty at invading Sam's privacy when he was in this sate, vulnerable and innocent. I felt as if I was taking away his pride and strength as I walked over to I'm and knelt down on the floor but I didn't care Sam needed me and I needed him.

Our mother had just f***ing died and I had been acting like I didn't even care, when Sam needed me most I hadn't been there and that filled me with more guilt than anything else ever could.

I rested my head upon his muscular shoulder and felt myself finally crumble as the tears began to cascade down my cheeks and together we cried our hearts out.

I had been trying so hard to act as if nothing had happened as if this was all just a horrible nightmare but seeing Sam like this had suddenly made it all real and at the moment reality was much worse than any nightmare imaginable.

We stayed like that for what seemed like forever both consumed in our own thoughts, but both our thoughts were filled with sadness and pain no matter what happened now nothing seemed to matter any more and it felt as if time it's self had stopped.

It was just me and Sam in this evil world and although the events were completely twisted I felt closer to Sam than I had for years and it felt good.

"I love you Sam..." I whispered my voice shaking with emotion.

I hadn't said those three words for so long it felt weird and almost un-natural to hear them come out of my mouth.

Suddenly Sam got up and abruptly pushed me away. I sat back in confusion as I glanced up at him shocked by his sudden actions.

"Sam?" I called his name my voice rising at the end as he looked down at me his face expressionless.

"What Mia?" He asked his face was so unreadable at this moment it was as if I was looking a book that had not been written yet, every page was white and empty.

"You were crying on the floor two seconds ago, and now you've turned into our usual ice box self, what going on Sam...." I trailed off as I saw his face his face was still blank as ever but his eyes held such pain and hurt that it would haunt me forever.

"Sam what happened when you left with the cops?" I asked him my voice so quiet I wondered if he hadn't heard me at first as he didn't respond.

Then he looked down at the floor his hands shaking at his sides as he stood then after a few awkward moments he looked up at me and spoke...

"I saw her Mia..." He stopped as tears began to cascade down his cheeks I held up my hand for him to stop but he shook his head and continued again.

"I saw her dead, destroyed body. I saw how our own mother looked when death had taken her his prisoner..." He paused again as he looked at my face as I stood facing my brother.

I felt a warm burning sensation on my face and I reached up to my face to wipe away the tears I hadn't even noticed I was even crying.

"Sam stop, please..." I whispered mentally begging him to stop.

"Shut up Mia, you asked," he said harshly. " I saw her pale face, her mangled decaying body and I saw you." He finished.

"What?" I chocked back more tears as I realised what he had just said.

"I saw you Mia, I saw how much this will destroy you, destroy us all. There is nothing I can do to help you, Mia I need to do something but I can't I don't know how. Don't say you love me, you can't love a person who has failed you so many times, hurt you so many times, I'm so sorry..." His eyes overflowed with more than tears this time, the pain and agony in his face was unreal.

I felt myself begin to shake also as I realised what he was saying was true. Not the part about my not loving him I loved my brother, amongst all this uncertainty that was something I knew for sure and I knew he would do anything to help me but this was something way, way out of his control.

We were just children, children abandoned and alone in the world and I had seen enough TV, read enough books and watched enough movies to know abandoned children don't last for very long in the real world, its only in fairy tales that there are happy endings.

But this wasn't a fairy tale it was a living nightmare and it was about to get much, much worse....

*************************************

Hey guys so this isn't a real chapter it's just a filler but better than nothing right just thought I'd better clear that up in case you wondered why it was kinda short :)

So basically that was a really depressing part to write, i felt so sorry for Sam he just wants to help and protect Mia but he doesn't know how to awwww poor Sam :(

I don't want to get you lovely fans down to much so I promise next chapter will have more humour and possibly romance ????

As always please remember to vote, comment and fan I'm so happy and amazed at how well this story is doing keep it up :)

Love you all xxxxxxx