Colette's Covenant

Colette's Covenant

"Hey!"

"Woh!"

"Colette! Stop running!"

"Sorry!" She yelled out over her shoulder, her steps never faltering. She was used to people telling her she shouldn't run like a madman at all times. She didn't even listen anymore. She simply apologized for nearly running them over as she sprinted down her path.

Reaching the staircase, Colette didn't hesitate to jump up onto the thin metal rail and slide down on her bottom with a cry of delight. She followed the curve of the staircase down and around through the many levels of the training center.

It had been her first day back on full duty. Master Hue had finally cleared her completely, no more light work for her. She had spent nearly the entire morning on the training field. Not on the third, higher plate where the paladins trained. She rarely went up there because there was rarely a paladin there to spar with her.

She had been on the second level, the level for knights. She enjoyed spending her time with them. They were her battle buddies, her war brothers and sisters. She wanted to be as close to these people as possible, so that she could appreciate them all the more.

Colette rode the rails all the way to the bottom floor. She then hopped off and began running across the guard training yard. More people began yelling at her to stop acting so crazy. She did believe that they had become accustomed to Nicolas doing it and had taken up the mantle to assist him. She wanted to laugh and yell out that her feet were healed, she didn't need to stop anymore!

Instead, she just ran. Right out of the door and into the Royal Complex. The bright sunlight was warm and welcoming on her skin. After so long of being confined indoors, it was a blessing to be able to run outside again. No matter how close her bed could be put to the windows, nor that those windows could be opened to coax a breeze inside, it simply wasn't a substitute for being able to actually run under the bright blue sky just as fast as she wanted.

"Yo! Colette!"

The cry wasn't one of those telling her to stop, it sounded more like someone trying to get her attention. She came to a skidding halt, turning quickly on the path to beam as Lord Yvain and Gael came walking towards her.

"You're as busy as ever," the young lord grinned, stopping in front of her. "I'm glad to see you up and about again."

"Not so glad as I, I assure you. Good afternoon, Gael."

"Colette," the acolyte nodded to her, his platinum blond hair moving gently in the breeze. "I thought Master Hue told you to take it easy."

"I have been," she beamed. "I was released for full duty just this morning."

"Where are you off to in such a hurry?" Odilon asked, smiling brightly at her.

Colette shrugged. "Nowhere in particular."

"Then why are you in a rush?"

"I like running. It's far more fun than walking. Faster, too."

Gael laughed as Lord Yvain rolled his eyes. The lord spoke, "Well, you ought to be careful. You've only just fully recovered. You don't want to push it so hard so soon."

Gael nodded in agreement. "Though, it's wonderful to see you so happy again."

Colette giggled. "Thanks. So, what are you two doing here?"

"Oh, I provide the church with the goods they use in their holy rituals," Odilon told her. "Gael is training to be Master Eneas' replacement one day, and he's recently started working with me in his stead."