A car, A torch, A death

Tyler's breath caught in his throat and the air he was breathing began to feel a little thin to him.  
He placed the last box into the trunk of the old black car. As Jenna hooked something into the back seat. They both shut their doors and walked towards each other.
Eyes watering, and hearts beating quickly.
"T-Tyler." Jenna sobbed.
"Jenna, I'm going to miss you so much. I really don't have to go."
"Yes you do. I love you so much. Good bye love."
"I love you more than anything Jenna. Goodbye" 
They kissed both fully crying now. They hugged tight.
Tyler let go and opened his front door. Slowly sliding into the old car. And reluctantly starting the car. Then he began to add the miles piled up behind him.
His thoughts continued to drift back to Jenna, and her beautiful smile. Those tears in her eyes that he caused. He begins to think he should have never left her.
The plan was to leave together. Find a home together, and live happily. To get away and leave all the bad memories of this place behind. But now he was doing it alone leaving bad things but also leaving the best thing. Jenna.
And he barely felt a smile deep inside of him.
He stared on forward and began to envy the headlights driving south, towards Jenna.
He thought to himself, that he wanted to crack the door so he could just fall out. His mind drifted back to the last time he saw Jenna.
He looked back into his back seat and remembered when she reached into the back and buckled up her heart, for him to drive away with.
His mind was racing and the only thing he could do was think. It always came back to Jenna.
He began to understand why god died.
Meanwhile back at the home that Tyler had driven away from. A dark and scary demon sat there waiting on Jenna's porch. By now it was a little dark so it held a makeshift torch, to light things up.
As soon as Tyler's car was far out of sight, the demon crept in her room and stayed there for the night, watching.
Jenna saw it, but she couldn't do a thing. Not without Tyler, he always helped.
Then Tyler's thoughts drifted to the demon that would appear on the porch each night. And he can't believe he left her there alone, with it.
The thoughts of that, sent chills into his bones. He rolled down the window letting in all the cold air. So cold that he could see his own breath floating, but something inside him
made him feel that the breath he saw was not his own.
He thought that the skin that wrapped his frame, wasn't made to play this game. And he seriously considered going back to Jenna.
Tyler realized that it was morning and he pulled over to a park that he was passing.
He went to the far side and sat down at a cold picnic table. Then the demon appeared across from Tyler.
He still had his lit torch in hand. He pulled out a bundle of papers and laid them across the table. All the papers explained what he had planned, why he had always been there every night. Watching Jenna.
As Tyler read over them he instantly shivered and felt the chills again when he saw the words.
And then, we kill Jenna.
He panicked and anxiety rose in his chest. With shaky words Tyler spoke.
"I'll take the grave, please just send them all my way"
The demon began to laugh as Tyler sobbed. He continued to plead and beg that the demon would not touch Jenna.
The demon explained that he had already shared the plan with his army, so it would be hard to change.
Tyler begged and pleaded he said he would do anything to protect Jenna. At this moment he knew that he never should have left Jenna behind. He shouldn't have given up so easily, he should have waited for her.
Just then the air began to feel thin again just like the moment he left Jenna.
After over an hour of begging, the demon finally agreed to leave Jenna alone. 
"Can I please say goodbye to her first." Tyler sobbed.
The demon agreed so he wouldn't have to change his army's original location.
He told Tyler that he had until morning.
As Tyler entered his car, and began to drive. It all hit him, all that was happening.
He truly began to understand why god died.
Hours later he turned down the street to where his home and his Jenna were.
He got out of his car and looked behind him into the forest just beyond the little house, he saw the army waiting to take him.
And for the 3rd time, the air began to feel really thin. He could barely breathe now.
He quickly ran up to his door and began to knock loudly on the wooden door.
Jenna came running and looked at Tyler with confusion and shock. She came out of it and hugged him tight. Tighter than when he left.
They went inside and Tyler explained what was happening, never letting go of Jenna's hand.
They planned to stay awake all night together. And they did.
It was a long night of tears, sobs, and screams. It was now 4am. Only 2 more hours. They were waiting for the morning to begin.
Throughout the night Jenna had only gotten up once, she said she was doing something special. She wouldn't tell Tyler until 5:30.
The clock finally hit 5:30. The demon sat out side knocking on the door. Screaming for Tyler to come out.
As they walked out hand in hand, Jenna grabbed something off the counter and continued walking. They stopped on the porch and faced each other.
Jenna told Tyler to hold the jar she grabbed. When he looked inside he saw it held her heart.
For him to walk away with.
The demon approached and screamed to his army. He forcefully grabbed Tyler and pushed him to the ground. Then pulled him out further, as the army ran at full speed towards him.
Jenna sobbed loudly as they started to fire.
The final thought that ran though Tyler's mind, right before multiple bullets hit him.
He understood why god died.