Pacify Her. Pt.1

Melanie woke to the annoying sound of her alarm. Not wanting to face the day again.
She sat up, glancing around her pastel room. Baby blue walls, shaggy pink carpet, filled with stuffed animals. Tables littered with brightly colored makeup. Childish looking clothes hanging out of the dresser and in the closet. 6 rows of platform heals. All different colors.
She got all the way out of bed groaning. She went downstairs not even caring enough to change her clothes. She practically lived alone.
Her brother was supposed to be taking care of her, but he left. And he's not coming back, he loved drugs much more than his sister. Dad was dead and mom was in jail, for killing the father and some random girl he'd brought home one night.
She tried to look for some food, or even drinks. There was nothing. Again she had forgotten to go shopping. She yelled at herself inside.
She went back to her room and decided she's to a local coffee shop. That'll work.
She walked out of her home, fully ready.
She had picked to wear a short glossy pink dress. The neck, was see through and it was lined with pretty white Daisies. No sleeves. Just to add on top, she wore a head band that seemed to be made of candy. In reality it was plastic, obviously. The finish it she put on green croc like heels.
With her makeup she tried to be simple; but she may have gotten a bit carried away. She did all the face stuff, foundation etc. Making her skin glow and look perfect. She added a mascara and finished it off with a light pink lip color.

 She stepped out the door, and began to walk

She stepped out the door, and began to walk. She thought to herself.
I wish I had a fucking car. I hate walking everywhere. But it's worth it. I'm hungry and thirsty as hell.
She kept walking. She arrived at the local coffee shop, BOMBSHELL, quite the weird name for a shop. But it's whatever.
She walked in ordering her drink, a large green tea and a pretty donut with blue frosting and yellow sprinkles.
She waited for her stuff. She got it and sat down at one of the tables in the back. The booth right next to the big window. The table looked wet. Maybe with tears. Wouldn't surprise her.
She sat sipping, eating, and people watching. It was one of her favorite things to do.
A few minutes go by and she sees a boy walking towards the shop. He had on a light blue sweater, dark blue skinny jeans, his shoes the same color as his pants, the only thing that wasn't screaming blue was his hair. That was a lovely shade of light brown. She even swore she saw a light blue color on his nails. Melanie stared at him, watching as he entered the shop.
This is when she realized he was holding a girls hand.  A basic looking bitch.
She had long blonde hair pulled up into a classic messy bun. She had on a pair of plain black leggings. And a grey sweatshirt, and written across it STANFORD. She had the basic makeup too.
Skin stuff, red lips, no shadow, nothing else but thick mascara. Possibly fake lashes.
She was even carrying a tiny pink back pack, one with the skinny straps.
I even glanced down to her nails where she wore a plain white polish.
Basic as fuck.
They sat at the table directly across from her. The girl, gave Melanie dirty looks and glances the entire time they were there.
Melanie couldn't lie, she was listening in on their conversation. That's what she did. It's fun.
Well not this time, the shit they talked about was so basic and boring.
Instagram, drinking, money, everything they tend to like.
But the blue boy just sat, nodding. Obviously bored with the conversation.
"Ok, but shay was fucking texting you! What the hell? She's so fucked up. I hate her fake ass. She's so fucking fake and trashy."
"What? She was just texting me to ask me shit about her own boyfriend, who by the way is my best friend. Or did you forget that again?" He wasn't yelling, he didn't even sound mad. Like her.
But any smart person could tell, that he was. He was fed up. But she was so dumb she couldn't even catch it. The way he was gritting his teeth. Especially the things he said. It was so passive aggressive.
"What?! No he's not! You don't even know him. That, Brendon kid! You've never even talked."
"Em, I've known him since I was 5. Ok? He's my best friend. But that's ok that you forgot. I guess you just don't care." There it is again. The passive aggressive thing.
"Whatever Johnny, I'm fucking leaving. Call me if you still want a damn girlfriend." Then she slapped him.
Melanie thought to herself.
That basic bitch left finally. Now I can steal her man.
The boy slouched in his seat and took a sip.
Then he began to cry.
Melanie tried to let him be. But that's not who she is. She hated seeing people cry.
"H-hey, are you ok? That looked like it hurt."
"W-what? Oh I'm fine. She's just a bitch. Did you hear everything? Oh of course you did, she was yelling"
"Yeah I did. And you're right. She's fucking crazy" I said with a giggle.
Blue boy blushed.
She sat down, they began to talk.
Saying she was flirting was an understatement.

She remembered when her mother had told her, before she went crazy,
"Stay away from things that aren't yours."
She thought.
But is he hers, if he wants me so bad.
Because the truth was, he was flirting with her. Just as hard.
They continued the conversation and it had turned back to his basic ass girlfriend.
"She's just... I don't know. It's complicated"
That was kinda fake.
"Pacify her."
"What?"
"Nothing never mind"
Of course he didn't understand few people tended to understand Melanie. Especially at times like this.
"Well, I gotta go but here." Melanie said, writing down her number on a napkin. And handing it to the blue boy.
"Thanks, we should hang out sometime. It's been fun"
Mel just nodded with a smile. And began walking back to her home.
She decided to go shopping on the way home, at least she had a bit of money. The only way she had any was because she sold her drawings online. She was extremely talented.
She stopped at local shop, hoping to pick up a few food items. But of course as always, she went overboard.
She ended up buying lots of sweets instead of real food, that's who she was. She bought some more makeup and some new nail colors.
While she wondered throughout the store her thoughts kept drifting back to the mysterious blue boy. She even ended up buying him something.
It was necklace. It had a pacifier on it, it was blue and she got herself the same one but in pink.
She thought to herself
Great, now I have to walk home with like 5 bags of stuff. Good job Mel. Whatever, I'll be fine.
She finally, reached home awaiting a text.
*Ding*
Blue boy: Hey, is this Melanie?
Melanie: Yes it is. Did you think I gave you a fake number.
Blue boy: Haha no. Just making sure.
Melanie: Lol. Anyways what's up?
Blue boy: Stupid drama.
Melanie: With your basic GF?
Blue boy: Yeah, were back tho
Melanie: You with her now?
Blue boy: Yes, probably making it worse by texting you right now. But I don't care, your fun
Melanie: Aw thanks. ❤️
Blue boy: Of course. It's the truth.
Melanie: So, how's it going with the basic bitch?
Blue boy; She has a name. It's Emily
Melanie: Wow even her name is basic
Blue boy: Whatever
Melanie: So you still wanna hang out?
Blue boy: Hold on, I'll text you in a minute. Emily is freaking
Melanie: Ugh

She sat waiting 10 minutes for her blue boy to respond. Finally he did.

Blue boy: Sorry, bout that. So can you hang tomorrow?
Melanie: Sure! What we doing?
Blue boy: Well, I don't know if you're down, but we'll be going to lunch, with Emily and one of her friends, Shayden
Melanie: Oh how fun! (Sarcasm)
Blue boy: Please come? She's just gonna be all over her friend, and I'll be bored the whole time.
Melanie: Ohhh fine. What should I wear?
Blue boy: Whatever you want, you seem to have amazing style. 😉
Melanie: thanks you're too sweet. So what time?
Blue boy: Around 1:00. You need a ride?
Melanie: Depends, where is it?
Blue boy: Were bringing a picnic to the park on marble and 4th
Melanie: ok I don't think I need a ride, I'll just leave early
Blur boy: what do you mean?
Melanie: I don't have a car, I walk like everywhere. It kinda sucks, but it's ok. I get a lot of exercise, to burn off all the sweets I eat
Blue boy: That must be why your body is so perfect,
Message deleted.
Blue boy: Wow, you sure you don't want a ride.
Melanie; I'll be fine. Thanks anyways.
Blue boy: ok then, bye. See ya tomorrow.
Melanie: Kk byeeeeee 💙

Blue boy really hoped Melanie never saw that message. But little did he know she read every word.