x the baby x

(AN) Slower updates, I'm sorry!

x The Baby x

"Hunter? Hunter, look at me,"

I didn't respond. It was like I didn't even hear her voice, aknowledge that she was here. I just sat there, on Danny's bed, holding the hoodie he was wearing the night he dissappeared.

It still smelt of him; of me.

I missed him so much. I just...I had to make sure that he was ok. Why couldn't he call me? Why couldn't he find someone, find anyone to just help him?

Police were looking. They'd already been keeping an eye on Britt for drug use and Andy was on the sex offenders list. They were both fucked up, and now trying to hurt my son.

I wanted to cut. I wanted to drink and smoke until I couldn't see another damn thing. But I refused to. I had to stay strong for Danny. I couldn't blame this on anyone else but the bastards that took him. And I didn't care how much trouble I'd get into, I'd fucking kill them if they hurt Danny, pregnant or not.

I didn't give a shit.

"Hunter, Chris is here."

Shit.

I lifted my head up, trying to push back the tears threatening to escape my eyes. I wanted to cry. I couldn't though. I think I;d cried enough in my life.

I hoped Danny wasn't crying. I hoped he was safe, unharmed, secure.

I knew that Britt hadn't exactly forced him to have sex with her. She pressured him though, and it was still illegal. When it came to Andy, I didn't know what to think. He hurt Danny, gave him bruises, choked him.

I remembered seeing the faded red line on his neck.

They drugged him. That was why he couldn't get away.

I still couldn't get over the fear in his voice when he spoke to me on the phone. He was desperate, terrified, sounded half asleep and just emotionless.

I needed to hold him. To know that he was safe, to know that he felt safe. But I couldn't. I didn;t even know where he was.

"We're gonna find him," Chris said quietly. "Kid, look at me."

I looked up, hardly facing him as he smiled gently. "We'll find him. I promise,"

"What if-"

"Don't," Kat pleaded and grabbed my hand. "Don't say that,"

"But-"

"I know what you're going to say Hunter," she whispered. "What if he's dead,"

Pain rushed through me and I nodded. "I need to go find him,"

"No," Chris sighed as he grabbed my arm. "Hunter, you haven't been sleeping. You haven't been eating, you haven't been drinking. You haven't left the house. You've barely left the room. It's been 4 weeks Hunter. You need to stay strong for Danny,"

"Don't call him that," I snapped. "That's what I call him. No one else. He's my Danny. He's my Danny,"

* Daniel's Pov *

"Hey Danny?"

I opened my eyes, staying completely still. Not that I could move anyways. Being handcuffed to a bed limited your movement a bit.

"Danny?"

"What?"

"I'm going out. You need anything?"

"Yeah," I said quietly. I heard Britt moving behind me and then she walked around to kneel in front of the bed. Taking my free hand, she smiled.

"What do you need?"

"My Dad,"

"Danny," she sighed and then burried her face in the pillow. "Danny please don't do this,"

"Britt I want my Dad," I whimpered. The tears spilled out my eyes and I hid my face. I was so scared, I just wanted my Mom, my Dad, Jake, Chris, James, Alex. I wanted my family. "Britt please. I just want my Dad. Please,"

"Stop crying," she said as she looked up at me emotionlessly. "Please Danny, stop crying."

"But I want my Dad!"

"Don't you think I know that? You haven't shut up about how much you want your Daddy for 4 fucking weeks!"

"I need my Dad! I don't know what to do without him!"

"What do you mean?"

"I'm scared," i whimpered. "Dad showed me how to not be scared. He knows how I feel..."

"Are you talking about what happened to you when you were younger?"

I nodded quietly.

"But you know that me and Andy aren't going to force you into-"

"But you do! You do it every fucking night!"

"Ugh, God Danny! Why do you have to act like such a kid!"

"I am a kid!"

"You're 15, grow the fuck up!"

"No! I want my Dad!"

"Just shut up!"

"I want my Dad!"

"Fuck sake, if I call your Dad will you shut the fuck up!?"

"...really?"

"Yes!" She grabbed her phone and then dialed in the number, making me wonder if she was really serious. She held the phone to my ear and I took in deep breaths as someone picked up.

"Hello?"

"Mom!"

"Daniel! Oh my God, Daniel! Honey, where are you? Are you ok?"

"Mom I want Dad," I whimpered. "I want Dad,"

"Daniel where are you?!"

"I don't know but I want my Dad!" I whimpered, and tugged at the handcuffs restraining me. I loved my Mom and would give anything to be with her right now but I needed my Dad. "Mom, I want Dad!"

"But-"

"I WANT MY FUCKING DAD! I NEED TO SPEAK TO DAD! I DON'T WANT YOU, I WANT HIM!"

I didn't even have the energy in me to regret my words. I didn't care that I'd insulted her, I just wanted my Dad. It was selfish but I was on edge, couldn't keep myself stable. I just needed him. I needed him more than anything in the whole world.

"Ok," she said quietly. "I love you so much Danny,"

***

Speaking to Dad on the phone relaxed me a little. He understood things. Understood that I couldn't tell him where I was, that I'd get hurt if I did. He said something about the Police trying to track the call. He said I'd be safe soon. That I'd be with him.

"What about Andy?" Dad asked. He didn't sound like he usually did. He sounded scared and worried and like he did when he found out I knew about his scars. "Has he hurt you?"

"Not today,. He's out"

"Danny-"

"I wanna come home,"

"I know," he sighed. "And I want that as well,"

"I'm so sorry Dad,"

"Danny I love you so fucking-"

His sentence was cut off by Britt's scream. I turned to face her and watched as she fell to her knees and clutched her stomach. She rolled over onto the floor and cried out again, lying down on her side.

"Britt?" I whimpered. "Britt-"

"The baby," she choked. "Danny, the baby."