Chapter Twenty-Five

Chapter Twenty-Five

    "Why am I nervous?' Thomas demanded as he stood in front of the barn at the main ranch and adjusted his fancy black vest that he was wearing with a crisp white shirt and black trousers. His boots were polished and his thick blond hair was slicked back on his head. 

    "Because you're fixing to get hitched," Cookie replied with a shrug. 

    "I'm already hitched. I have been for nearly six months." 

    "Yeah but this time you've had time to think about what's going on," Brody said. 

    "Well I just thank God that this'll be over soon. Between the grouchiness because she's as a big as a house and she can't move and how stressed out she's been planning your wedding, Ellie has liked to have killed me the last few weeks," Jacob exclaimed, "You'd think it was her getting married." 

    "I guess Sally wasn't much help with the planning." Thomas admitted.

    "Are you kidding? She says she doesn't care about any of it.. She doesn't even want to have this ceremony," Elizabeth said walking over to them. 

    "Well she deserves it," Thomas insisted, "The woman deserved to have a real wedding and I wanted to give it to her."  

    "It's good that George Bass was free to perform the ceremony. He married Brody and I and Jacob and Ellie... It'll be a family tradition,"  Elizabeth smiled proudly. 

    "Come on everybody! It's time!" Ellie called from the porch. Jacob quickly ran to his wife and helped her waddle her way down the porch and to the bright white chairs covering the yard. The guests all made their way to their seats and Thomas walked up to stand beside George Bass. Brody stood behind him. 

    Rita Halcomb began playing the piano and Max and Nathan came down the white satin aisle with Lexi and Liza. Nathan kept giving Thomas a thumbs up as he looked at Liza walking beside him. Liza left the flower throwing to Lexi who seemed more than happy to decorate the lawn with the red and white flower petals. 

    The piano music changed as the four of them took their seats and Thomas looked up to see Jacob making his way down the aisle with Sally on his arm. Thomas nearly swallowed his tongue and his mouth fell open at the sight of his wife. 

    Her white silk and lace dress, hugged every curve of her body. Her golden hair was pinned up with several loose curls falling down and framing her face, neck and collarbones. Her blue eyes were shining and the smile on her face put the sun to shame. 

    Thomas was in a daze as George began speaking. Since they were already married they skipped over the part about asking if anyone objected and when George told him to kiss his bride, Thomas was more than happy to do as he said. 

    He gathered Sally in his arms and devoured her mouth with his, "Alright, that's enough of that.. That is my little sister you're kissing." Brody wanred with a chuckle. 

    As Thomas and Sally danced close a short time later to the music that Rita and the small band were playing she laid her head on his shoulder and sighed, "Thanks for this, Thomas." 

    "I'd do anything for you, Sally," Thomas admitted shamelessly, "I'm just sorry it took us so long to get here." 

    "We're here now, that's all that matters," she assured him. 

    He was about to kiss her again when Jacob let out a yell, "Holy shit!" he bellowed. Everyone in attendance looked up at the man who was standing with Ellie beside the roasting pig, that was going to be dinner. "She's having the baby!" he told everyone as if they were brain addled to have not figured that out.