e l e v e n

Niall distracts himself with Ella's hands as they wait in the PR room.

He is nervous for whatever faces him once Pablo and the rest of the team talk to him. It's not something he really wants to discuss but he supposes pictures have already gone viral.

The door opens and he hears many voices speaking quietly. He doesn't dare look up at any of them. He's nervous already, he doesn't need 10 pairs of eyes trained on him.

"Lets get down to it Niall." Pablo says speaking for the group in front of him. Niall finally looks up meeting the gaze of plenty of emotionless people. "What happened today has already seen the media. I know now that we can't get it out, no one is willing to drop the story."

And Niall feels his whole mood shift. No one is willing to help him keep his secret, and he should have known that right? He should have known that the media thrives on drama like this and Niall is their next victim.

Ella leans forward, going into PR mode and frowns.

"Can't you say his knees were acting up again?" She says speaking through clenched teeth. She's angrier more so than Niall is.

"You know it won't work Ella." Pablo says sighing and shifting his hair to the side. "The fans know he just had work done in Boulder, they've seen him jumping on stage as well. They won't believe another cover up story about his knees.

"You have one of two options Niall." Pablo says placing his hands out onto the table in front of him. "You can either come out with it now, or we can do damage control and make something else up."

Niall ponders over his options. The last thing he wants to do is lie to his fans. But then again he doesn't want to tell them what he's going through either.

Niall looks at Ella and a look of desperation is present.

The meeting is wrapped up, and Niall feels like shit.

***

Ella hates seeing Niall so upset. She knows that he's either going to have to lie-which he doesn't like doing- or he'll have to come out with his secret. Ella knows what he'll pick, but she thinks it's probably going to be the hardest decision he's ever had to make.

Ella thinks that maybe the only thing holding him back from actually telling the world about his illness is the fact that he's not quite ready to even admit to himself that he has something wrong with him.

How many 21 year olds want to admit to themselves that they have a life altering condition? She doesn't think very many.

Niall plops down onto their bed that seems all too lumpy today. He stares at the ceiling not speaking at all. Ella sighs and slips off her shoes crawling onto the bed and laying on her side by him. He looks at her and closes his eyes blindly reaching for her waist.

Niall wraps his arm loosely around her and scoots her closer letting his head fall into the crook of her neck. She doesn't hear a sound but she feels tiny drops of water fall down and so she assumes that he's crying.

Her heart clenches and she flips around in her position gripping onto locks of Niall's hair as she brings him impossibly closer to her. His intake of breath and ragged outbursts of air is the only thing Ella is able to hear.

"I don't want to lie El," Niall sobs, "but I can't tell them either.

"I know babe, I know." Ella coos in his ear. She pats his hair down gently closing her eyes.

"Tell me what to do." Niall pleads looking into Ella's eyes. She see his reddened eyes and the pooling tears forming. She can't seem to breathe.

"If I knew what to do I would." She whispers placing a kiss to both his tear stained cheeks.

She holds him tight for what seems like hours, letting him cry and get all the anger out until finally he falls asleep gripping tightly to the back of Ella's jacket letting out soft snores.

***

"What am I going to do El?" Niall says rubbing tiny lines into Ella's stomach.

"You know what you're going to do Niall." Ella says running her hands through Niall's hair. "You don't need me to remind you."

"I need you to tell me that it's the right thing to do." He whispers timidly. He also needs assurance on anything and everything and Ella is usually the one to give it to him.

"I think this problem came up at the shittiest time ever," Ella says moving so she's straddling his waist. "and I think that you aren't ready to come out with what you need to say." She places a kiss to his lips.

"But you are strong Niall." Another kiss. "You are brave," and another one, "And you're going to be a hero to billions of people once you say what needs to be said." And Niall is the one to kiss her now, hard and sloppy; full of all the emotions he's feeling.

"So that's it then?" Niall says lifting himself up.

He takes a look at his hands. They are shaking, and he's never really been happy about it. But he's never been happy keeping it a secret from anyone either. So he'll do what he sees best.

And if that means he has to tell his fans, Niall is going to damn well tell his fans.

GUESS WHO FINALLY UPDATED.

i am so sorry i haven't been on, it's been a crazy past few weeks. and many more crazy weeks are to come so bare with me if i dont update soon. :(

anyways hope you enjoy this let me know what you think.

*ALSO DO NOT TELL ME THAT THIS IS SHORT BECAUSE I KNOW IT IS AND IM SORRY BUT IT HAS EVERYTHING THAT I WANTED TO GET ACROSS*