o n e

Niall and Ella have always been the type of people who don't care what other people think. And it works for the both of them. That's why when they first met they meshed together so well. Niall was keen from the beginning, he liked the spunk of the girl he'd come across, but Ella wasn't interested in band members and although deep down she had thought of the boy constantly for the days that followed their meeting, she did not want to allow herself to have feelings for someone so far out of reach.

Niall was the clumsy boy who couldn't keep his voice down and Ella was strong headed and a little short tempered.

Ella remembers the first time she laid eyes on the blonde beauty. They met in a coffee shop just outside of Bristol when Niall was on holiday. It wasn't an instance where their eyes met across the shop and they fell in love. No, this was much less romantic.

There were no fireworks or stupid white birds pointlessly flying around above their heads. As if that kind of thing even happened outside of movies anyway. There was no catchy song that made them feel giddy and mushy inside. No there was simple hot coffee, observant eyes, and a whisper.

Ella remembers walking to the coffee shop along side her mum wishing that she would stop lecturing Ella on how she should live her life. Their fights began in Ella's 13th year of life and of course most of them began because of Ella.

However, as time passed, Ella's mom wished to control more and more of the decisions that Ella made.

"I'm just saying Ella, university isn't going to wait forever. They've got spots to fill and I'll be damned if you aren't one of them." Her mother was the type of person who wanted everything set out for someone's life millions and millions of years before hand. Ella resented her mother for this trait alone because not once had Ella even planned to go to university in the first place.

"Mum," Ella complained pulling at the sleeve of her jacket to contain the rage she felt. "How many time do i have to tell you, I don't want to go to university."

Her mother was a spitfire once like Ella but after three children she was forced to become responsible. She settled down and got a well paying job, one that her family would depend on after their father would leave unexpectedly one night. And to be honest, because of this, she was quite the pain in the arse.

They were arguing quietly when everything happened. She wasn't looking where she was going and neither was the boy in front of her.

Ella looks back on that day and likes to think of it as fate that spilt that mocha latte on top of her.

"Watch where you're walking you fucking tosser," she said loud enough for the whole shop to hear. Her shirt was drenched in light brown liquid and because of the cold air wafting in from the open door, it was rapidly chilling her to the bone. She supposed it was as much hee fault as it waa the other person and she was more upset with her mother instead of the boy that had drenched her but she didn't care.

She heard the gasp from her mother but paid no attention to it as she finally looked up and saw the culprit.

To this day, Ella remembers the first time she ever saw Niall.

She first noticed that the boys eyes were the bluest she'd ever seen. And then she noted that he was beautiful and that word was an understatement for how stunning he actually was. He had a tiny bit of scruff that laid shallow on his chin. He couldnt grow facial hair, so the dark scruff was patchy. The dimple on his chin was prominent, like a small divet Ella could imagine herself running her thumb across over and over again.

She knew who he was, but she had never in a million years thought she would ever see him in real life. She quite fancied the curly haired one but she began to enjoy blondes shortly after.

And just as everyone else in the cafe began to realize who they were sharing four walls with, she also realized that she had just called this beautiful boy a "fucking tosser."

Her mom would later claim that Niall was the reason for Ella's foul mouth and late nights away from her brothers and sisters. This encounter in the coffee shop would be the very reason that Ella would choose a life with Niall over a life with her mother. But in the midst of a Bristol cafe, began the story of Niall and Ella. Two people destined to make each other comfortable, in a world that was anything but.

"Right well I'm sorry, course I didn't mean it." An Irish accent caught Ella's attention. It was thick and deep and raspy and everything beautiful in life.

Ella looked from her shirt to the half spilt cup of coffee in the boy's hands.

And finally she noticed the shaking. It was just a slight tremor that seemed to slosh the left over coffee in his cup. You'd have to be looking for it to notice.

At first she blamed it on nerves, but he didn't look nervous, if anything he looked entertained; the smile and cool demeanor told her that much. She had a feeling the shaking wasn't just something that should be passed off however. She had a feeling that it was something much bigger.

The boy noticed where Ella's eyes had landed, and it took him no longer than a second to shift uncomfortably and begin to make his way from the shop.

And so being Ella, she reached for his hands before she could stop herself. She heard the what are ya doin' that slowly escaped his mouth before she finally placed her delicate hands on top of his wrists, pulling them from the depths of his pocket.

And all of a sudden the shaking stopped, and so did the nervous babble that was leaving his mouth at her slight touch. His pasty hand gripped tightly onto Ella's wrist as his eyes regarded her cautiously.

She watched as his mouth closed shut and his eyebrows furrowed. He was beautiful. Everything about him was exquisite.

"How did you.." his sentence trailed off as her hands went back down to her side. He looked up at her and smiled with one side of his closed lips that sent a frenzy of butterflies into her stomach. And she didn't know whether she would ever see him again so she kind of gently placed a small kiss onto his cheek whispering quickly into his ear she said,

"Don't worry, it'll get better. Things always do."

She hoped by some divine power that her words would resonate within him. She hoped that maybe saying them out loud would help his situation.

Little did she know in that moment that her words would be the only thing he would think about for weeks to come.