t w o

Niall doesn't know how she does it but the girl from the coffee shop creeps into his mind and fills all of his thoughts. He's quite surprised she's able to do so because he hasn't let anyone cloud his mind like that in a long time. The only people he ever lets close to him anymore are the people that know him. Albeit he's got a selective group of friends due to that, but he'd rather take genuine friends than fake friends any day.

He doesn't understand how one girl, who seemingly looked as unobservant as the lot of them, was able to notice something about himself that most people never in a million years could ever figure out. He's astonished that she hadn't put it out into the media already that she suspected Niall Horan, had a serious illness. He was glad she hadn't; maybe she didn't know who he was, or maybe she just didn't care.

He had been waiting for the fallout of their encounter for the past couple of days and so when it did not come he was thoroughly relieved.

If he was being honest with himself, he was intrigued by this girl. And the sad thing was he didn't even know her name. All he knew was that she was this beautiful spitfire that seemed to have some magic hold over him.

And so the whole two months he was on holiday Niall cooked up this plan to meet her again. It was very rare that they got that long for holiday but at that point in time he was quite glad for it. He seemed to find himself quite bizarre as he went to great lengths to meet that special girl. His friends questioned if his medicine was affecting his brain.

But of course he had his mates help him find everything they could about this girl. It seemed weird at the time to go to such great lengths for one girl he ran into once in a coffee shop. But honestly what else did Niall have to live for at that point?

And so he waited and waited at that coffee shop every day hoping she'd walk in again. He knew it was crazy. Maybe the girl was just visiting, or maybe it was a last minute resort that she had to go to that coffee shop that day. And he'd sit there for hours constantly moving so no one would suspect a thing.

And finally when he'd just given up hope, she burst through the door in all her winters glory. Snow was lightly covering the top of her head but she quickly shook it out. She reached her mouth down into the crevice of her scarf, he could only guess, to warm her up. And she peered around the room finally resting her eyes on his figure. Her beautiful hazel eyes narrowed as she marched her tiny frame towards him.

"You, big shot. What are you doing at my coffee shop?" She burst out whispering and sitting across from him at the small table. Her glare she'd fixed on her him was as icy and cold as the weather she'd just escaped from outside.

"Reckon this shop really has your name on it?" Niall replied back just a snarky as her comment had been. He would be lying if he said he wasn't excited and annoyed she had known who he was.

"Alright then, I've walked past this shop for the past two weeks waiting for you to leave because I don't want to be ripped to shreds if I'm seen having coffee with you. But just when I thought you've left, I realize you've just moved tables so I couldn't see you when I walked in." She huffed placing her coat behind her and taking her scarf off. Niall wondered briefly if she had a habit of making herself at home.

"Ripped to shreds?" Niall smiled leaning back in his chair. " Wouldn't be the first time."

Niall watched as the girl rolled her eyes and peered down to his shaking leg.

"You can cut the bullshit pretty boy. I know why you're here. And the answer to your question is no, I won't tell anyone about your little problem." She said pointing down to his still shaking leg.

That had not been the reason he'd waited for her these past two weeks but it was a good out for why he actually had.

"Right, well then very good. I appreciate it." He said clearing his throat and slowly getting up.

"Woah there, where do you think you're going?" The beautiful girl said tugging on the cuff of his jacket. "You made me miss fourteen days of quality writing time, so I reckon you owe me."

He internally smiled at the fact that he would be staying to do what he originally intended. He'd finally get to know the girl.

"What do I owe you exactly?"

"Lets try lunch?" The girl replied crossing one leg over the other and folding her arms.

"Niall." He replied putting his hand out for the girl to shake.

"Ella." She replied placing her hand into Niall's palm.

"A name to put to the beautiful face." Niall said smiling and kissing her knuckles.

"Just go get me lunch you charismatic prick." The girl laughed and Niall thought that she had never looked so beautiful.

Niall returned to Ella holding two sandwiches and two cups of tea.

"I come bearing gifts." He smiles and sees her smile back.

"So tell me Niall, what's it like being famous?"

"Well to be quite honest it's a pain in the arse most of the time but I can't complain because I love what I do."

Ella nods and takes a sip from her coffee raising her eyebrows and leaning forward.

"And do your fans know about your little shaking problem?"

She is straight to the point, and Niall is quite astonished about it. He hadn't expected her to bring it up and he wasn't quite ready to talk about it any how, but he admires her straight forwardness and is curious to see what she'd say about it.

"No actually, not many people do." And he places his eyes on his fiddling hands that are holding the scalding cuppa.

She clears her throat and he sees a small hand reach across the table towards him. He feels her porcelain smooth skin touch his hand and a feeling of warmth immediately over comes him. He feels at home.

"My dad had it. I didn't understand at first why he was weak and he was shaking all the time but as I got older and I saw it progress, I understood what his body was doing. My question is, why are you keeping this a secret? Don't get me wrong, it's a life changing condition, but I see how your fans react to lies."

Ella is rubbing small circles into the top of his knuckles as she circles her thumb around her forgotten tea. And Niall realizes that this girl is different. He realizes that she observes things other people wouldn't and he knows that she's not going to judge him for it. He's become quite fond with her in the mere hour he's actually gotten to know her.

"Really turns people off when a seemingly fine 21 year old is diagnosed with an illness. Even more so when that person is famous and has millions of people depending on him. My management would throw a fit as well. I can imagine the look of horror on their faces now as their sales decrease exponentially when my secret comes out." Niall says quietly feeling ashamed that he's even talking about it.

"You'd be surprised what could happen if you believe that there's good genuine people out there Niall Horan. Not every one expects something out of you."

And Niall looks up to barely catch a glimpse of something else swirling in Ella's eyes. He smiles a small smiles and takes another bite of his sandwich actually feeling better than he has in a while.

***

And so that's how they officially met for the first time.

A lunch that wasn't exactly planned and wasn't the best place to eat. But it set up the future for Ella and Niall and set up plenty of more things for them to experience together.

Something sparked between the two of them that day and Niall was damned to let that flame die.

please let me know what you think it would mean a lot. also if you have any songs you think would work for this message me and let me know.