t w e n t y t w o

hi i've finally got my computer back and i'm crying i'm so happy.

p.s. this skips further in the book to the end of their 18 day break.

p. p. s. this may or may not be my favorite chapter.

"Liam I need that thing I asked you to keep safe for me." Niall whispers as Ella sleeps in the tiny cramped room all six of them are sitting in. He's not quite sure why they've all decided to make an ordeal out of showing up at Niall and Ella's flat at five o'clock in the morning, but alas here they all sit. Liam smiles knowingly and he races to the back room of his apartment.

"What thing?" Louis asks as he fiddles with his phone in his hand.

Niall glances at Ella and makes sure that she is still dead to the world as he finally lets all the other boys know what he plans on doing.

"I'm going to propose to Ella tonight." He whispers. Niall is quite proud of himself. And he can't stop himself from letting out a soft laugh as he sees Louis eyes widen. He's left the certain details about his plan out to Harry and Louis because he knows Louis can't keep his mouth shut and Harry would be daft enough to blurt it out to Ella because he'd forgotten it was a secret.

And so instead he'd enlisted the help of Zayn and Liam because he knew both were smart enough to keep their mouth shut.

"You didn't tell me?" Louis all about shouts at Niall. Niall freaks out a little throwing a pillow softly in hopes that it'll shut him up.

"Jokes on you mate I already knew." Harry snorted not once taking his eyes away from his phone. "Went on your computer the other day and found an engagement ring tab open. You're a lucky son of a bitch that Ella isn't nosy or your surprise wouldn't be a surprise."

Niall rolls his eyes then, throwing yet another pillow at Harry this time. He feels Ella stir next to him and motions quickly with his hand to get Louis and Harry out of the room. He's planned all of this so meticulously that he thinks he really can't afford to fuck anything up.

Ella makes this sort of soft raspy groan and stretches out, keeping her eyes closed as she does so. Niall marvels in the wonder that is Ella Compton waking up.

"Good morning sunshine." He whispers out bending to her level and ghosting his lips across her flushed cheek.

"Hmm." She responds, rubbing her closed fist softly against her eyes. "What time is it?" She lets out with a yawn Niall can only classify as pretty damn cute.

"Half seven." He replies laying his head down beside hers and staring up at their ceiling.

"And why are you up?" She questions placing her glasses onto her face. Niall much prefers this Ella, the one who's just woken up and looks adorable in her thick rimmed glasses placed lowly on her nose.

"Because I figured we could make an adventure of the day?" He questions suddenly feeling a bit nervous about what he's doing.

"Oh why not." Ella smiles letting her head fall lightly onto Niall's chest. "Best make the most out of these last few days."

The two get ready then, Niall telling Ella to dress in warm clothing for the cold day ahead of them. Ella lifts her eyebrows in question and Niall just shakes his head, muttering something about a surprise.

By the time the two of them are ready to go, the rest of the boys have all left. Ella had no idea why any of them were raiding her kitchen as she made her way inside to make herself a cup of tea.

She'd greeted them all with kisses and a very confused look. They didn't think twice, to tell her why they were in her flat.

~