Chapter - 6

Nothing happened last evening, I was grateful, he offered me wine, we chatted we had a bit of laugh and then I told him I needed to go home. I offered to take a taxi but he insisted he saw me to the door. I didn't argue.

After work I met him at the Dance Studio, he insisted on seeing me practise, and he insisted to talk to my instructor. My instructor was happy to have him around, and accepted the apologise without a second thought. Louis was smooth, and strong, my mind would not let me stop thinking of the blow he inflicted to the guy. My mind reminded me his family wouldn't see him, and he had an ex girlfriend.

I was not sure if I wanted to be centre of attention in his life anymore, he seemed to want to be with me every moment, check up on me every second. He wanted to know my every move, and parts of me liked it, other parts of me didn't. I wasn't sure I liked Louis the way he liked me, if he liked me like I thought he did. What attracted Louis to me?

We dated slowly over the new few months, it was two months into our relationship we celebrated the time with a trip to the sea food restaurant, it was elegant we celebrated the ending show of the new dance show, and our two month relationship in style.

He took me to his place, I shrugged of my coat, hanging it on the familiar hanger, I moved around his small apartment like I owned it, I knew it well, I had stayed over on the couch, in a down pour run evening, when he refused me to leave in the storm, he knew I had my own car parked out the front but insisted I wait until it passed, I had agreed, I didn't want to upset him to much, I didn't want to provoke him or give him a reason to lash out like he had on the soccer field. I had seen him play for his team a few times in the two months, he was a good player, attentive, but aggressive at the same time.

His team won both times, to which he and his soccer buddies went out and got really drunk to which I was called to rescue him out of a jail cell for his orderly behaviour. I won't forget how he looked in the jail cell, he was causal, he seemed un fazed by the fact he was being held in there until I came for him. He even seemed amused.

I set down a hot coffee on the table in the lounge, Louis looked up with a different look in his adoring sweet eyes, I sat beside him, and he pulled me breathlessly close, that evening on the anniversary of our second month, I made a big mistake.