Chapter 1~

The concert hall soon started to fill with people, chattering voices, and the scrapping of chairs could be heard behind the red curtain. I peeked nervously out, I was slowly being made up with make up, I pulled the curtain back, and allowed the makeup artist, to complete the task of getting me beautiful.

The bell rang overhead, and everyone started to gather, the dancers, and performers, all lined up ready to enter the stage and put on a mind blowing show. I stood nervously, and the curtain drew open, darting out in the dance I was taught so well, we welcome behind us the dancer, the one that everyone really had come to see. The lights beaded down on us, and I could already feel myself sweat.

The performance when very well, and breathless we all gathered backstage for the handful of people who were invited for the party to celebrate our ending night.

Gripping the tall glass, I drunk down the contents and I scanned the room, I didn't see him at first, he looked out of place being here, his face wasn't a face you'd see around an after party. I wondered instantly who he was and if he enjoyed the show.

He made his way over, he had long legs, and long arms to match, he had broad shoulders, and masculine body, I drew in a sharp breath as I saw he was much taller then I was, it was a few inches, but a few inches for me was a lot.

His eyes looked right into mine, he waved his hand in front of the waitress who offered him a drink, he said nothing, he stepped right around her, eyes locked on to me. I felt scared of all a sudden, and felt unsure about him, there was something in the corner of his eye, that I just didn't like.

"How are you Love?" he spoke with a Doncaster accent. I swallowed, in my fright and returned the greeting casually.

"Good, did you enjoy the show?" I had invited a discussion I realized, and I suddenly hated myself for it.

He took the glass from my hand, putting it on the tray of a passing waiter.

"I'm Louis" he told me, his eyes were looking into my eyes, so deeply, as if they were scanning me.

"I'm Grace" I told him.

"You were center stage?"

I shook my head, feeling myself unsure of where he was taking this.

"I am a backup dancer, Mia is centre stage"

He wrapped his hand around my wrest pulling me breathlessly close.

"No Love" his voice made me tingle the look in his eyes breaking my will down, making me melt in his hands "Your center stage" he spoke.

1~

I walked up and down the small hall in my apartment, did I really agree to go out with Louis? I asked myself, he had driven me home, his hand on my knee the whole time, wasn't it clear what he had wanted? He wanted a nice dancer, to bunk in his bed, and ruin her career? Did I invite his hand on my knee? Well I didn't exactly protest it, but I was uneasy with it. I hadn't figured out if Louis was a good guy or a bad guy, but I liked him and I disliked him in the same sentence.

I stripped of for bed, only wearing my underpants, and crop top, I felt the cool breeze brush in through the open window, and closed the curtains, realizing he could have possibly been below staring upwards to see me strip of my clothes, I shivered at the thought.

I crawled into bed, sinking deep within the mattress and pulled the blanket to my chin, I wasn't going to go out with Louis, I had a whole career, and I couldn't waste it for a night of pleasure with a guy I didn't know at all, what right did he have to come to the after party anyway? Only special people were invited to after parties, was he special?

I fill off into a deep sleep, thinking of his hair, his eyes, his cheek bones, his skin, and I hadn't a reason why I was falling asleep thinking of that. Thinking of him for that matter.

As I woke the next morning, I let the heat of the shower glow against my skin and again I was thinking of him, he baffled me, he made my heart beat, and my blood run thin, he was something Louis, I just didn't know what he was yet.

I thought of his blue eyes the colour of the water in a tropical island, his hair brown like chocolate, his smooth features and light tanned skin, he said nothing of who he was or his heritage, but asked me about myself, he squeezed each detail that I'd allow out, he asked everything, from where I came from, to what my favorite shampoo was. The questiones humored me and I deeply felt quite interested in why he was so curious, why he had talked to me and not Mia the real centre stage dancer, what beauty or maybe weakness did he see within me? And it dawned slowly upon me as I turned the hot water off, and wrapped a towel around my body, I was innocent and clean cut, I was well practiced and in control, was that what attracted him to me?