Late night walks

Adam had stayed quiet for longer than I expected, maybe I struck a nerve.

" You know I was just kidding right ? Just making small talk. " I gave a crooked smile as I looked him in the eyes.

" It's fine, no really I just didn't have words to reply to you and that statement with. Let's just change the subject, has you dad told you what school you're going to ?" He looked down at his perfectly clean shoes.

" no actually, I haven't talk to my father in years. I lived with my mom most of my life, he should be coming home soon actually Mr.Max said. " I shrugged opening back up my laptop.

" He's probably going to send you to Wallace high school for the talented and gifted. Only way to get in is to have talent, smarts, or of course money. " he smirked.

" Let me guess you go there ? And you're there because your parents are loaded ? " I rolled my eyes at his cockiness.

" actually I got in because I have all three of the things they're looking for." He sassed me back.

He's so lucky a long drop is separating me from ripping off his head.

" oh really ? Then what's your talent Mr.ive got it all. "

" I sing my dear, pretty good if I do say so myself. " He did his famous smirk.

As he was expecting the invite that boy started singing, and oh god did he have a pair of soulful pipes.

" Cut me down but it's you who has further to fall
Ghost town, haunted love
Raise your voice, sticks and stones may break my bones.I'm talking loud not saying much. " He snapped his fingers as he sang making his own beat. It was sung in a way I never heard before like he made the song his.

" T-that was really good, just wow Adam. " I smiled shaking my head.

I was honestly shocked, I thought he was joking when he said he could sing.

" Thank you thank you, I'd sing for you anytime. Whenever and wherever. " He started to get off his window seal.

" You leaving so soon ?" I poured, I was really starting to enjoy his company.

" no I was actually going to ask you if you wanted to take a walk with me ? " he said grabbing his jacket and leaving his room before even hearing my answer.

I shook my head and tipped toed downstairs it was awfully late. past twelve thirty.

I quietly closed the heavy gate door behind me and was met face to face with Adam. With his hands in his pockets smirking at you.

" I didn't actually think you'd do it, you certainly aren't the goody two shoes I thought I was facing in that window. " he started walking.

" Don't you have school tomorrow? Why are we out here ?" I ignored his comment following him.

" My mom is a doctor, she can write me a note if I miss a few periods and besides I rather stay up learning about the new girl before everyone else does. I have no doubt Andrea has told everyone in school about you. " he huffed at the mention of her.

" Um who's Andrea and why does she know who I am or what I look like ?" I raised an eyebrow as we continued down the street.

" Remember the girl from earlier, strawberry blonde hair and high heels ??"

" yeah she's a real bitch, wait isn't that your girlfriend?" My eyes widened. I just insulted this guys girlfriend right to his face. I was about to apologize for my rudeness.

" Don't be sorry, she's a raging bitch from hell. Well she wasn't always like that but recently I just don't know. " he gave a sad smile.

" you know if you're not happy you could always break up with her ?" I hate seeing in relationships that are hurting them or that they don't want to be on anymore.

" Me break up with Andrea ? Aha you're funny no one breaks up with Andrea, she's the IT girl and I'm - " I cut him off before he could finish.

" Yes I know, you're the IT boy Adam Valentine. "  I stood on a stump in front of him mocking him. The stump was pretty tall which made us eye level.

It was silent but I felt myself lean into him, our lips almost touching before I came to my senses I backed up and awkwardly rubbed the back of his neck.

" i wasn't expecting that. " he looked away.

" The kiss or me rejecting you ?" I joked trying to lighten things up.