Faustine the Sensible (A Synopsis)

Princess Faustine was a very sensible girl born in the very insensible kingdom of Elysia. From the time she was small, Faustine was noted as being different. For one she didn't buy into all the foolish suspicions and superstitions of her kingdom. Though there were many things that made her life bearable, like growing herbs (frowned upon for princesses), studying (mainly magic), and practicing magic (mostly illegal), as the only daughter of the king and queen, Faustine found it challenging to escape the ridiculousness of everyday life in Elysia.

With plenty of older brothers lined up to inherit the throne, she had no real danger of inheriting the kingdom of folly. After a series of surprising, and potentially dangerous events, she knows the time for action has come. Faustine runs away to the Forbidden Enchanted Forest, rumored by many to be the home to all manner of fell creatures and practitioners of evil magic. Using her own skills in magic, Faustine opens the Royal Apothecary Shop, which thrives as she makes a life for herself in the Enchanted Forest. Faustine begins to make new friends in her new home, including the mysterious forest boy named Leif. As their friendship blossoms, Faustine begins to take note of several oddities and peculiarities surrounding Leif, and his mother Luna. Faustine knows that there is more to the story and sets out to find out exactly what it is. Little does she know, that in seeking out the truth she will birth a new era and discover her destiny.

Determined to set things right, Faustine embarks on a quest of a lifetime. But there's more at stake than even she knows. It will take all of the courage and wit that Faustine possesses, along with her magical staff and map as well as help along the way, to enable her to emerge victorious against so powerful a foe.