Chapter 20. What about the attic?

~ In which the stars align in a cozy manner

The morning sunlight filtered in warm streams through my bedroom window, rousing me from a deep, restful slumber. As I blinked slowly awakening, my body felt rested yet still bearing the gratifying aches of hard labor. As I awoke I could feel a renewed sense of determination to understand all of the mysteries in my life. Since fleeing my home I still had not learned any more about the mirror figure. So far I only had more questions and now Leif, and maybe even Luna, was a whole new duffle of questions and mysteries to add to the brew.

Since the events of yesterday had been spent hard at work converting my cottage into my very own apothecary shop today I stil had more to complete in the house.  Looking around at the cozy, productive space we had created filled me with immense pride.

I threw off my cover and stretched languidly before rising and padding over to the window. Pushing open the paned glass I inhaled deeply the crisp morning air, heavy with the piney scents of the forest. A new day, ripe with potential and possibility.
An excited thrill sparked within me. With the shop premises mostly established, I could now turn my efforts towards fashioning a personal magical workspace just for myself.

My gaze drifted upwards to the attic window's peaked roofline.
Of course! The quaint attic space would be the ideal sanctum for my mystical studies and private rituals away from the shop area downstairs. A smile tugged at my lips as I began envisioning transforming those dusty rafters into an intimate, secluded haven for delving deeper into magic.

Re-energized by the new project's myriad possibilities, I spun on my heel, determined to explore the attic after breaking my fast. I had a cozy, personalized practice nook to design and prepare. This would truly allow me to strike a harmonious balance between my public business and private arcane musings.
After enjoying a light but nourishing breakfast, I made my way to the back of the hallways and up the staircase to the attic with equal parts eagerness and trepidation. Though I couldn't wait to begin sculpting this space into my own personal sanctum, who knew what dwellers may have taken up residence amid the rafters during its disuse?

Pushing open the creaky door, I was greeted by a surprisingly expansive open space under slanted ceilings. Dust motes danced in the hazy sunbeams filtering through the windows. A few stray cobwebs adorned the corners, but otherwise the area appeared blessedly undisturbed and ripe for transformation.

Breathing in deeply, I allowed the subtle magic of this space to attune itself to me. Perfect, this would be ideal to channel my focus and harness the ethereal energies required for ritual work and spell-casting. Separated just enough from the bustle of the shop downstairs, the attic promised blessed tranquility.

Moving slowly about the perimeter, I began picturing in my mind's eye just how I wished to appoint the attic. Plush rugs to muffle sounds and provide warmth underfoot during firelit ceremonies. Shelves brimming with mystical tomes, their spines gilded to wink in the low candle light. A sturdy wooden altar, topped with a soft velvet cloth inscribed with all sorts of protective golden sigils. Perfect.

Perhaps a few well-placed mirrors could amplify and project spell manifestations, their radiance and shadows dancing across the walls in dazzling fractal patterns. And of course, I would need an ample supply of ritual tools - chalices, athames, stones, gems and incense . All perfectly aligned and awaiting my command.

As these visions began crystallizing, I felt power thrumming through my veins. This attic haven would unlock latent potential and open me to magical realms once unfathomable. I could see it already.

Yes, I needed to begin preparations at once! Just the thought energized me with scintillating potential. But even as excitement coursed through me, a shadow of concern tugged at the back of my mind. The mystery of the mirror figure lingered, an unresolved enigma casting subtle shadows over my newfound inspiration.  A doubious reminder of the dangers that might still be lurking, waiting to emerge when I least expected.