4. Back For You

This is so cringe-worthy, I'm sorry.

Word Count: 1025

Music Link: Back For You-One Direction

---READER'S POV---

I sprinted through the streets of Crocus, running as fast as I could to the stadium. I'm such an idiot.

I walked away from the guild pretending to be on a mission, however, I just walked off-not wanting to be there anymore. For my own selfish reasons.

I've had this crush on my best friend, Natsu Dragneel, for as long as I've been at the guild, but I never believed I'd be his choice. I gave up on love because if it wasn't Lisanna-it's Lucy. I don't hate them, they're really good friends of mine. I grew up with Lisanna.

I was pretty much adopted by the Strauss siblings, after my parents were killed by a dark guild for the magic my family line possessed; Dragon Transformation Magic. I managed to escape and survive all because of my mother's strength in holding down the enemy long enough for me to escape. I lived on the streets-homeless. The travelling Strauss siblings found me during their trek towards Fairy Tail. Because I was such a young child, unable to completely control my magic, evident scales appeared across my skin. I saw Mirajane's arm briefly when I first met them and assumed she had similar magic to my own.

The four of us came across Fairy Tail, where Elfman and Lisanna began to learn Transformation Magic so they could be just like their big sister. I myself came across the guild, aware of my magic.

I met Natsu a week after I joined the guild, we were just children then, he was at the request board looking for a job. I jogged up to the board and we exchanged our first meetings with one another and did jobs together.

Natsu admired my magic, he thought it was the coolest thing ever, having the ability to change back and forth into a dragon. This gave him the courage to tell me about his father, Igneel.

I walked away from it all, how stupid am I?

I ran away from all my problems, I ran away from the boy I loved, the pink haired pyro who stole my first kiss.

---flashback---

"Natsu Dragneel!" I hollered.

Tartaros had just been defeated and from outside my house window I saw Natsu and Happy walk past, bags on their backs, a cloak draped across Natsu's shoulders. I followed him, but away from his range of scent, which is very far with his immense sense of smell. He stopped walking hearing my voice. I stood, my hands rested on my knees, panting, "Where do you think you're going?"

"Me and Happy are going on a training journey," he said as if there was nothing wrong with it, his signature smile drawn on his face beautifully.

"You can't just walk away without telling me! Take me with you," I plead.

He looks down at the ground, "I can't. (Y/N) I need you to stay here and look after the guild."

"Shut up! You're hiding something why can't I come with you," I interrogate refusing to let the tears spill.

"YOU JUST CAN'T OKAY?!" he screamed.

I was taken aback, never in our lives did he ever scream at me in anger. But I wasn't giving up, by growing up with Natsu at the guild I managed to adopt his mannerism and hot-headedness, "You promised me that we'd always be together, you said you'll always be by my side. Are you just going to walk away from that? Because Igneel chose to sacrifice himself to save you?!," his body tensed as I mentioned his father, "No Natsu! If anything, you're being a coward-you're just running away from your own problems, your own suffering. Quit being a coward and-"

My eyes widen as I'm cut off by a pair of soft warm lips. The burning sensation of Natsu's warmth travelled across my lips and tingled my spine. As I'm about to respond to the pyro's kiss, his lips leave mine. His mouth travels to my ear as he whispers, "You wouldn't shut up, I'll be back soon."

I stood there frozen, still processing what just happened. My cheeks were burning, darker than Erza's scarlet hair. I watched him walk away as he turned around and said with a smile, "I love you (N/N), see you soon yeah?"

---end---

The following day I fled the guild, running away from my family, running away from my friends. I went off the find Natsu, but after a year I had no luck.

The Grand Magic games had just concluded and that's when I finally found him. The stadium had melted from intense flaming heat.

Only one person I knew could do that.

Natsu Dragneel.

Walking out of the Royal Castle I saw a man with long messy hair in desperate need of a haircut, my eyes widen as my heart explodes in my chest.

He had salmon pink hair and a blue cat flew beside him.

I stopped running seeing his smug smile towards the royal army as they pester him. Before he leaves the exit, his nose twitches as he turns to look in my direction. His eyes glisten with happiness seeing my face, "(Y/N)! Hey!"

Tear sting my eyes as I sprint towards him, throwing my arms out. Surprised at my actions, he catches me but loses footing as we both fall to the ground. I laid on top of him, not caring about our position as I weep onto his shoulders.

"Natsu, I found you."

He chuckles, ruffling my (H/C) locks, "I knew you would."

Without thinking I do something I had been wanting to return for a year, still straddling him I grab his soft warm cheeks gently and I crash our lips together. He growled startled, then he returned the kiss.

In need of oxygen I broke the kiss gazing into his eyes, "I never got to say," I blush red, "I love you too."

He smiles with his signature smile and pecks me on the cheek, "That's why I came back because I never got an answer."

His warm hand caresses my cheek.

"I came back for you (Y/N)."