6. Let Me Go...Don't Let Me Go

Song fic!!

Music Link: Let Me Go-Avril Lavigne ft. Chad Kroeger

Word Count: 1794

Love that once hung on the wall

Used to mean something

You and Natsu were the young lovers in the guild. He loved you before bringing Lucy to the guild, and your jealousy towards Lucy convinced you of your love for the Dragon boy. It was after the seven years trapped on Tenrou Island, you thought you were for sure dead against Acnologia. Afraid, you confessed your love for the Dragon Slayer, you recall him being over the moon even though you two were staring death in the face. It felt cliché like any other novel as you shared what you thought was your first and final kiss.

The two of you were what Mirajane claimed the OTP. With your Water Dragon Slayer magic, alongside Natsu's flames became a powerhouse. The Grand Magic Games, the Eclipse Gate and Tartaros. You were there for all of it.

But now it means nothing

The echoes are gone in the hall

But I still remember the pain of December

But that was all the past. You woke up in Natsu's hammock that night after Tartaros alone. He left you, he abandoned you just like your Dragon, Mizu all over again. You waited at your home for days; hoping that his love for you would make him return to take you on his journey. But he never came. Fairy Tail was disbanded, it broke your heart, you didn't just lose your lover but you also lost your family.

Oh, there isn't one thing left you could say

I'm sorry it's too late

I'm breaking free from these memories

Gotta let it go, just let it go

You decided to start all over, start anew in a new kingdom and a new guild. The past was the past. It took you awhile but you eventually got over the pink boy and his blue cat. The clattering of a tea cup being placed onto the table shook you from your trance, "Here's your tea (Y/N)," your Exceed (E/N) declared placing their own cup of tea next to yours as they jumped on the table. You thank your partner and sip the burning yet calming liquid. You traced the rim of the cup with your finger looking out your balcony and into the sparkling stars. "It's been three years (E/N)," you blurt.

"From what?" (E/N) tilted their head in confusion, taking another sip. You giggle at your little friend and their snobby attitude, "Since we left silly. Since Fairy Tail disbanded." You didn't mention the Fire Dragon Slayer abandoning you, that was far gone. He was named after the Summer-your favourite season, and no longer did hearing that name affect you.

I've said goodbye

Set it all on fire

Gotta let it go, just let it go

"Wow, time's flown. But, are you sure it's disbanded?" (E/N) asks quizzically towards you. You twisted your eyebrows in confusion, (E/C) stared at your (G/L), you followed your Exceed's gaze and notice the (G/C) phoenix like symbol imprinted on your skin. It still hadn't left? "Maybe we should head back there" you suggest, staring at the horizon, "If our marks haven't faded the guild hasn't died."

"You sure you want to go back?"

You nod your head instantaneously, "I think it's time to go home."

---NATSU'S POV---

You came back to find I was gone

And that place is empty, like the hole that was left in me