2. Set Fire To The Rain

This is so bad but I wrote it during my free period in class and thought 'why not?' Also, pretty much a song fic.

*WARNINGS: Extremely mild sexual references (like so mild you're probably wondering why I'm warning you but look, my cousins read my books and they're all too precious)*

Word Count: 1266

Music Link: Set Fire To The Rain-Adele [cover by Arlene Zelina] 

---READER'S POV---

I sat still at the bar, my finger tracing the rim of the glass filled with a clear liquid substance. I felt on edge today, like something was bound to happen.

"What's the matter (Y/N)?" Mira asked wiping the clean glasses and putting them underneath the bar. I smile faintly, "It's nothing. I'm just a little on edge today."

She raises her eyebrows, "You feel like something might happen?"

I nod silently drinking the water from my glass. Feeling the ice cold liquid travel down my throat was refreshing as I felt a surge of energy from it. That's the beauty of being a water mage.

I almost choke on the last drop hearing the guild doors slam, coughing, I look over my shoulder rolling my eyes at who it is. Natsu Dragneel.

I was never fond of Natsu, he always pestered me about having a fight and I was relatively a closed book to the guild. No one really knew much about me and I kept to myself, I had friends of course but they consisted of Mirajane, Erza, Cana, Gramps, Laxus and the Thunder Legion. I was relatively new to the guild, only joining a few months ago, and my best friend was Juvia.

The love crazy water mage sat beside me with concern as I growled at Natsu, "You know (Y/N)-chan, Juvia thinks you should get to know Natsu-san. Juvia thinks he wants to get to know you."

I groan, "Well I don't care about him. He's so hot headed and hyperactive, he needs to just relax sometimes."

Natsu and I were opposites; he was hyperactive, hot headed, gullible and just a plain idiot. I was relatively laid back, calm, collected and a tactician. I always read the situation thoroughly before jumping into action-something the pink pyro lacks extremely.

Natsu was approached by Gray as the two began to quarrel, here we go again.

Expecting the guild to go into a frenzy I get up off my stool ready to leave the guild and just chill at my apartment.

For once, the guild was silent as I watched in awe how Natsu just pushed Gray aside saying, "Not today."

Gray, Juvia, Mira and myself watched in shock as he walked towards me.

"(Y/N), hey," he smiles.

I look at him unamused, "What do you want Natsu?"

"Wow geez," he looks at me slightly defeated, "I just come back from a week's long job-the least you could do is say hi."

"Sorry, hi welcome back," I fake a smile brushing past him and leaving the guild. Closing the doors, I take a deep breath to collect myself. My heart was beating fast, my body tense and extremely warm. I touched my cheeks and winced a little at the burning sensation that encountered my hand as I noticed steam on the tips of my fingers.

This happens every time I speak with Natsu, I don't know why but it just happens and I hate it. I asked Mira about it and she replied with 'you love him!' which is absurd.

It was reaching dark out as the sky faded to a flaming orange, like the colour of Natsu's flames.

Why am I still thinking about him?!

Frustrated I walk home hoping to have a nice warm shower and cuddle up to my blankets in my bed, reading a good book that Levy gave to me.

Arriving home, I head towards the kitchen for something to eat. I notice how little I am on groceries making a mental note to go food shopping tomorrow.

I stop dead still hearing the creaking window on my bedroom open. My breathing rate picked up being aware of the situation right now.

Whoever it is, they messed with the wrong girl.

My hand turns blue as I power up, ready to attack the intruder. I look over at the calendar as I slowly make my way upstairs to my bedroom. It was the first day of spring.

Arriving at my closed bedroom door, I hear the shuffling of footsteps and the opening of drawers. This intruder was robbing me?

"Alright party's over buddy!" I exclaim ramming the door open. Before I could land an attack, I come face to face with familiar onyx eyes.

"Natsu?!"

The blue water droplets surrounding my hand begin to reabsorb back into my skin as I take note of the boy's desperate look. His eyes were different than what they were not long ago. They were clouded with a thought, something dark. But he also looked hurt at the same time.

"(Y/N)," he replies with a Cheshire smile. For some reason, I was a little afraid of this Natsu, he was different.

"A-are you o-okay?" I stammer blushing in embarrassment seeing my underwear drawer open. Was he snooping? What a pervert.

He stood on his feet, his tall structure towering over mine, I was never one to feel intimidated but the look in his eyes made me melt like putty.

"What you said today hurt me," Natsu states stern with no emotion in his voice but his eyes screamed for something, but what?

I roll my eyes, "So," I huff.

I feel the warmth radiate of his skin more than usual, my expression changes seeing his eyes shift again to a more saddened look, "What's the matter?" I ask concerned.

He looks at me, desperate for something, "Are you hungry?" I suggest trying to find what he wants. He shakes his head denying food.

"Geez, when does Natsu deny food?" I comment smirking. He clutches his head grunting slightly, closing his eyes. He releases a low deep growl.

'He's so hot when he growls'

Wait what the heck am I saying?!

"(Y/N)..." he grumbles. His canines get a little longer and sharper than usual, and his lips look more plump and moist. I step back slightly, extremely cautious.

"Natsu, should I get Lucy? I'm sure she could-"

"No! Don't get anyone!" he snaps scaring me.

"But you might be si-"

"I'm not sick, I just...I just need you."

I raise my eyebrows confused, he moves rapidly almost inhumane. I feel something thud from behind my head, "Ouch," I grumble. I attempt to move my hands to rub where it was sore, but I feel restriction. I open my eyes seeing myself gazing deeply into the Salamander's eyes.

Is that...lust?

He caged me between himself and the wall, one of his hands held my wrists above my head as the other pressed against my side. I could feel the burning sensation course through wherever his palm moved across my body. I wince to myself, why am I letting him touch me like this?

I feel like I want this, but why?

"(Y/N), I promise I'll take care of you but," Natsu stutters, pressing his body close to mine, "Be mine. Forever."

His face leans closer to mine, his hot breath fanning my lips, I felt the urge to feel my lips pressed against his. I close my eyes in bliss, "Why me?" I whisper seductively.

Natsu chuckles darkly, "Honestly, I don't even know. You're always so rude and try to despise me. But I feel...attached to you. I think I'm falling in love with you."

I open my eyes seeing his sketched with concern wanting to know if his feelings were returned. I couldn't find an answer so I press our lips together.

It burned, but it felt...nice.

I always thought water overcame the flames, but maybe if hot enough the fire overpowers the rain, or perhaps the rain sets the fire alight.