Chapter 27

"Ha! Have fun with that, Rem." Enzo blurts out, then gives me a knowing look. He was secretly referring to the argument me and Garrett had, when I went to see him and he tried to get me to come with him.

Half of the people on the table now look at me.

"You could talk to him, Rem. You'll be the most influential." Alice suggests.

I don't think that she knew why I would be the worst person to talk to him right now.

"No, she shouldn't talk to him." Daniel interferes straight after. I could tell he was being possessive, and the idea of me seeing Garrett wasn't one he approved of, especially not after I nearly had sex with him before he stopped me while I was in heat.

"Well how are you planning on talking to him and getting him to agree then, genius? The Jackson pack Alpha is most definitely not in the Anderson fan club, brother. If anything, he would join the enemy." Alice argues her case, and I found truth in what she was saying. Garrett hated Daniel; he made that very clear during my stay at his pack, so joining his side wouldn't be on his to do list.

"He wouldn't." Lorenzo speaks again. "Because we have Remington, and trust me, seeing her dead is the last thing he wants. If we explain to him that we are trying to keep her alive, he'll join the alliance without questioning. I think it's her you have to convince, not him."

"Enzo, I don't think Garrett cares enough-" I begin but I'm cut off. I wasn't sure if I believed what I was saying, or if I was trying to convince everyone including myself just to get out of having to talk to him.

"No, Rem. He's right." Alice decides to back Enzo with his idea. "I didn't think about it like that. He made a valid point; your life is the one at stake here, so if we presented it to Garrett that way, he would help us."

"So Garrett has a soft spot for Remington, does he?" Questions Cory, playfully.

"One we can use to our advantage." Adds Dylan.

I felt like everyone was staring at me as if I was fish bait, and they were a group of hungry carps. Daniel was an unimpressed carp however.

"Alright let's take a break. We'll get back to this in half an hour." He announces, dismissing everyone and telling the two visiting Alphas to follow Alice for some more coffee.

I had a feeling all of this was only an excuse to talk to me alone, and convince me to stay - preferably -  as close to one hundred miles away from Garrett as possible.

I stay in my seat, watching everyone leave the room one by one.

Waiting for Daniel to say something, and begin the conversation, I watch him pace around the almost empty room. He was thinking, and debating with himself; that I was used to by now.

"This is hard for me." He begins, still not looking at me. "Last time you were with Garrett, it almost didn't end well."

Of course he didn't know that the last time I saw Garrett was in fact when Lorenzo took me out for that exact purpose, one very early morning.

I wanted to keep it that way.

"But this is necessary. He will be much better to us as an ally than an enemy, and we can't afford to have him on the opposing side." He then adds, only now looking in my direction.

"Daniel." I say softly. He wasn't looking at me again, and seemed very tense. His own self didn't approve of his own decision, but he knew we didn't have much of a choice in that matter.