Chapter 15

"What?" I ask, still not fully believing that he wants to take me anywhere with him.

"If you want to come, of course." He gives me a small nod.

"Is that even a question? I'd love to come!" I smile, my mood ten times better than a minute ago. I had no clue what changed his mind or what we were going to do but I didn't question anything because I couldn't risk him changing his mind again. I had too much to lose, waiting for this moment ever since I accepted my fate of staying here.

My first instinct was to hug him - this is how happy I was - but I contained my emotions, because after all we're not that close and I don't particularly enjoy his presence as much as other people's.

"Okay, grab something to eat and change into something formal then meet me in my room." He looks pleased with my reaction to his offer as he has a kind look spread across his face, unlike the one with Enzo earlier.

I go straight upstairs to see Alice, completely unaware of what 'formal' wear was needed for his 'Alpha duties', considering I had no clue what those consisted of either.

"Remi? Seriously? It's seven in the morning..." Moans Alice as I interrupt her sleep.

"I know, I know. I'm sorry." I sit on the edge of her bed. "But I need you."

She sits up after I tell her this, giving me her attention.

"Daniel said he would take me with him today for some duties." I spill, knowing I have little time.

Alice's eyes widen. "He did what?" Then she frowns. "Are you sure?"

"I know, I was shocked too. But anyway, he said to wear something formal but I have no clue what to do. He didn't say what we're doing."

"Meetings." States Alice like she's known the answer all her life. "Meetings with other Alphas. Come on, I'll help." She then pulls me over to her closet.

She goes through many outfits until she takes out a knee length bodycon that doesn't look like the tight type.

"Here, take this. I bought it a few weeks ago but it's a little too tight on me and will fit you better. And with this wear a long coat and some heels. You'll have those in your own closet somewhere, Jason made sure you didn't have to walk around naked here." She grins.

"Thank you so much... You're a life saver!"

"Oh I know." She laughs. "Now go, you don't want to be late."

And with that I'm back in my own room changing into the white dress from Alice. Sure enough, it fits perfectly and even though it hugs my body, it looks very formal.

I find a black trench coat in the closet along with the same coloured heels that tie around your ankle like ballerina pumps. I try keeping my make-up fast, and finally only brushing my already straight hair.

Feeling ready and satisfied with my look, I make my way along the hall to Daniel's bedroom.

I knock twice and walk in after hearing his voice asking me to come in.

He's facing away from me but I'm already struggling to form sentences in my head after seeing he's wearing a formal shirt with some black trousers and elegant looking shoes.

"I thought we could-" He turns to me and then looks me up and down, taking every detail in. "You look perfect- ly dressed for where we're going."

"I'm glad, I had a little help from Alice."

"This early in the morning?" He laughs. I'm still not used to him being so carefree and not Alpha-like around me. It's something he's started doing only recently.