Chapter 12

"Alright? I haven't killed a single soul for the whole month. Happy?"

I stare at him in disbelief. Even in my own pack, someone managed to lose their life at least once a month. It's the werewolf laws, and they're strict. We don't show mercy. But this shocked me completely. Daniel - the cold blooded psychopath - doesn't actually kill people on the daily? It was very hard to comprehend.

"I don't believe you." I fold my arms.

"I don't believe that you're a virgin then." He folds his own. "How does it feel to be lied to your whole life about someone who isn't like that at all?"

"Hold on." I point my index finger at him. "Firstly, you are like that. Sure, maybe there's less victims than I thought but your personality is pretty similar as described. Secondly, it doesn't change my opinion of you because you're still a fuckboy who thinks they've got it all. That doesn't impress me."

He grabs onto the hand I held out and he pulls me closer to him. "I'm not a fuckboy." He muses, his head close to mine.

"The blonde." I remind him.

He rolls his eyes letting go of me. "She's a girl I've been banging for a while, nothing else. She was in my room for the usual but I wanted her to leave."

"Yet she was still naked in your room and you were on the bed wearing only a pair of boxers." I retort.

"I sleep like that. And she just showed up and ignored me when I told her no. Then she left my room and I thought she was finally getting the idea but she just comes back with a bottle of champagne." He mumbles.

His story sounded believable but I wasn't sure if I should accept his scenario as the truth. I'm certain of the fact he was good with his words so is not someone I should be listening to.

"I'm trying to be good to you, Rem. I know that maybe we both don't want to be tied to one another by a mate bond, but we've got to work with what we have."

So Daniel didn't want this either? Despite my feelings - or shall I say, lack of - it made a small wound in me and hurt a little.
We hear the door open very quickly and abruptly as both of our heads turn to it.

"Have you ever heard of knocking, Jason? This time you're safe but we could have been naked and on top of each-"

I elbow Daniel hard in the rib to shut him up. At the same time Jason cuts him off, looking composed but alarmed.

"Lorenzo is here."

That simple, three word sentence is enough to have a huge impact on Daniel. The fun side of him that I just got to meet was long gone and he stands up, as the angry and ruthless Alpha I originally saw him as.

Welcome back.

It made me very curious to know who this Lorenzo actually is. Whoever he was, he made my mate tense like never before and I was scared for him. Whatever did he do to get on Daniel's bad side? I don't think I even want to know.

"Stay here, Remi. Don't leave the room." He orders with a tone I despised.
Who am I for him to tell me what to do?

He doesn't leave time for arguments though as he disappears from my sight along with Jason and a door is shut, practically in my face.