Chapter 31

At this point, I was certain that everyone else in the room expected a confession. Admittedly, even I was because of the way he said it.

"My father is conspiring against you." He says, looking at both me and Daniel in particular.

I knew it!

I feel like shouting it out loud, but stop myself. Instead I look over at Daniel to see his reaction, but am faced with no emotion.

The door opens just then, and I think everyone jumps a little, startled by the added tension in the room. It was Alex though.

He walks in confidently, with a charming smile on his face that would make me melt if it wasn't for the fact other males didn't have the same affect on me as much as my own mate did.

I'm sure his mate will appreciate her fate.

Alexander's facial expression changes, as he notices how quiet and serious well all are.

"What have I just missed?" He gives us a flat look. And that is when the others begin to join us. Randall - who was now present for the meeting where we discuss a way to get back his wife, Dylan and of course at one point Enzo joins, strolling in, fashionably late.

***

So far, it felt like a long day. I could tell that everyone was already tired of the discussions we have had, however one of the main points was yet to be touched upon and it was already noon. At least we had an action plan on how to bring back Martha, Randall's wife home.

"How can I be certain you have nothing to do with this plotting against us? Because I assume that he wants to hurt my mate to hurt or weaken me." Daniel begins the topic we've been avoiding so far.

"Actually, I think this time, it has nothing to do with you. Yes, my father is not your fan, but his motive is to hurt Remington, not you." Nate begins.

I see Daniel clench his knuckles, as he glances over to me. Noticing this, I place my hand on his knee under the table - something I did often and something that calmed him every time.

"I'm afraid my father is still holding a grudge about you rejecting my proposal." Nate now turns to me.

I feel a little awkward at this point, all eyes on me, as I make eye contact with Maria. I was sure she was finding it hard talking about how her mate and I were meant to get married in his father's eyes, and how we could have been if I had said yes.

"So what? He's planning to kill me for it now? Does that not sound a little extreme?" I ask, not understanding why it was such a big deal to him. Like come on... I understand he was upset but it wasn't a reason to end my life.

"Well then, straight after we rescue my wife, we are announcing war." Randall speaks up. I noticed that he was looking at Nathan to see his reaction to his declaration. Naturally, Nate wasn't showing signs of joy, but he was not protesting either.

"Alright. You have my support." He finally agrees with Randall, so far proving his loyalty to us.

It all only meant one thing however; this battle would not be one to only save Martha. It would be killing two birds with one stone by also trying to kill Nick Locke.

***

Straight after the meeting was over, it was time to put our plan into action. When it gets dark, we will surround the area of Martha's place of hostage, from every side and make the process as quick as possible. A few people will first enter the Mountain Pack, this will distract them while we will enter it again from the opposite side of the border.