Chapter 7 | What Would You Think

"Felicity I need to get my mind off of things. What's been going on with you? How was Barry this weekend?"

Felicity sighed.

"It didn't work out Sara. We figured out that we only had like 2 things to talk about, so the date was kind of boring to be honest. And he's so emotional. That's a bad thing because I'M EMOTIONAL. So if I were to break down, Barry would break down too, and he wouldn't be able to help me. I wouldn't feel protected enough."

Sara gave an understanding nod. "So you can't date because you're too much alike and it feels forced? Been there done that."

Felicity knew she had to be referring to her relationship with Oliver. So that's why they never got back together after homecoming.

At the Queen's, Thea walked downstairs to find her older brother sitting on the couch with his legs crossed, smiling at his phone.

"Ollie...who's the girl?"

He turned around, looking shocked for a split second, as if he didn't expect Thea to walk in the room.

"Hey speedy, it's no one, I'm just watching Instagram videos because I always seem to be bored nowadays."

"And that's the truth?"

"Yep."

Thea sat on the comfortable chair that was near the couch Oliver was on.

"So I heard this rumor that you were the prank call target at Santana Lopez's homecoming sleepover, is it true?"

Oliver sighed.

"Yes, it's true. And before you ask, they called me saying that they were some company called unplanned parenting, and that my pregnant girlfriend was in their office. But when..."

Thea burst out laughing. "THAT'S THE FUNNIEST IDEA EVER OH MY GOSH SORRY KEEP GOING!"

Oliver rolled his eyes. "But when I asked to talk to my girlfriend who was apparently in their office, Felicity grabbed the phone, admitting that it was a prank call."

"How did you know that it was Felicity's voice? I knew she was there because she told me...but how did you know it was her voice coming through the phone?"

"I just knew, Thea. I recognized it from being around her a lot."

"Wait a second do you like her?!" Thea shouted.

"Maybe I do. But you can't tell her because she doesn't like me. I know that for a fact. I actually tried to kiss her once."

"And this was..."

"At the beginning of the year. We had a project to work on together for Ms. Blanchard's class, and we got into a deep conversation. I thought the kiss was what she wanted, because that's what girls normally want after the kind of talk we had, but she pulled away."

Thea got up from the chair, standing in front of Oliver.

"I have a question for you. What would you think if Felicity admitted a crush on you?"

"I wouldn't know what to say back. Not because that's a bad thing but because that's a good thing."

Felicity and Sara were still at the Lance's, except right now it was pretty silent with a few noises in the distance.

Sara walked over to the window to look outside it, and Felicity followed.

"I have a question for you. What would you think if someone like Oliver admitted to crushing on you?"

Felicity smiled a little. "Well, he may or may not have done that a couple months ago..."

"WHAT? ARE YOU SERIOUS?"

There Felicity was, awkwardly smiling again. Was she finally going to tell Sara about this? Why didn't she before?

"Yes, I'm serious. We ended up hanging out after working on that project for Ms. Blanchard's class, and he just tried to kiss me. I didn't kiss him back."

"And why not?" Sara asked, her voice high pitched on the last word.

"I don't know. He would have been my first kiss and I guess I didn't want him to be. To be honest I panicked because I couldn't believe what was happening. I'm just so...me, and he's just so...him, and you know we're different."

"And this is all coming from the girl who recently told her best friend she didn't like it when the guy was just like her."

Then it hit her. She did like Oliver, she totally liked Oliver. She just couldn't admit it to herself because she felt like it was impossible for him to ever be into her.

Because of this, she decided to throw herself at a guy named Barry who did exactly everything that she did. And how did that work out? Terribly.

She saw Sara staring at her. "Fel, I know you like Oliver. Honestly, just go for it. There's a good chance he likes you too."

________________________________

Please leave a like and a few comments, it's what gives me the motivation to keep writing!

I hope you're all having a good day, another chapter will be up as soon as possible.

-Liv