Chapter 2 | Stay

Felicity walked through the door and into Oliver's clean front room, which had a very high ceiling, and an easily visible staircase.

She looked up, down, and around, briefly scanning the place and amazed with what she was seeing.

"So...this is your house?"

"Yeah, I've lived here for most of my life."

Felicity followed Oliver into his living room and they sat down on the couch.

She started taking a book out of her backpack, while he took out his phone to text someone back, which could literally be anyone considering how popular he is. The room was silent for good 20 seconds.

Less than an hour later both Oliver and Felicity were getting kind of bored and decided they weren't up for working on any more of their project.

He saw her put one side of her backpack on her shoulder, she was going to leave now.

"Wait...Felicity...stay."

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah, Do you want to grab some sodas and talk outside?"

Felicity smiled while nodding her head and so out they went, and yes, they did talk.

"So, where are your parents?"

"Well, my mom works super late, and my dad is..."

He didn't even have to finish his sentence, because she knew exactly what was happening. The sadness was all in his eyes.

"I'm so sorry Oliver."

"You don't have to be sorry. It was a long time ago."

He continued to look at her. She caught him staring and showed a small smile.

Soon after, he slowly leaned in for a kiss,

but she backed away.

Why did she have to back away?

For a long time, Oliver had always thought the best thing to do was not be with someone he could really care about, because he just wasn't ready for a real relationship.

But Felicity? She is worth it. She's more than worth it.

She doesn't know how beautiful and special she is, and that was the one thing Oliver wanted to tell her.

Whenever Oliver got asked out by another girl  he had to tell her no.

Girls weren't toys, he couldn't just play around with them anymore.

This was going to be the new him. He wasn't going to give up on Felicity.

And he was going to wait for her as long as it took.

---

It was now a month into the school year, and Felicity had been hearing and seeing everything about this year's homecoming dance.

Currently she was in Sara's room talking to her about life, but when is she not?

She found it funny how her and Sara could hang out all the time and never fight even once. They just simply get along and every time there's silence it's comfortable silence.

"Felicity, are you asking anyone to homecoming by any chance?"

Her best friend asked her, looking super excited.

"No, at least right now I'm not. How about you?"

"Well, I think...now tell me if this is crazy...but I think I want to ask Oliver. I mean yes I've already dated him, but we don't hate each other, and he's cute and single isn't he?"

Oliver actually hadn't had a girlfriend in a while, and Felicity just couldn't help but think that it was because he still liked Sara anyways.

Without noticing it, she rolled her eyes.

"It's not crazy at all, in fact, it's great. How are you going to do it?"

Sara pulled out a poster board from behind her dresser. Of course she already had the sign.

"Well I don't know what to write on here yet, but I was hoping you could help me figure that out."

Felicity looked like she was in deep thought for a few seconds, and then she started talking.

"Maybe you could get to school early tomorrow, and since his locker is by a corner you could wait until he's there and then hold up your sign that says we have a lot of memories, and I'd love to make another one with you. Homecoming?"

At least in Sara's head, that was so simple yet so perfect, and she was going to do it.

"It's happening. Thank you so much. Felicity Megan Smoak how do you manage to come up with ideas like this when you've never even had a boyfriend?"

"I don't know to be honest. I guess I've just seen many amazing examples of love...or I just watch too much Netflix."

The two girls started laughing a little as Sara wrote letters on the poster board with the markers that were already in front of them.

________________________________

Please vote and comment, it won't take you long!

When I wrote this chapter it was during a time when I didn't even think I was going to publish this book. Now we're here.

I hope you guys like and continue to read my story❤️

-Liv