Prequel

It had been awhile since the first time we had been in this situation, but this time it wasn't scripted. Here it was, happening in real actual time; your life-long best friend and forever crush, Austin, bent down on one knee, velvet-y black box in hand and small beautiful diamond ring in the middle. We were standing in the middle of the airport, our bags on either side of us. The Bucks had stopped and turned when they realized we were behind them anymore. "Addison Violet, my best friend and the love of my life, will you marry me?" My hands flew up to cover my mouth, to fail at covering up the little squeak I made as the air left my lungs. He looked so cute like that, sporting a black SPLX hoodie, and gray joggers, his hair tied to a faulty knot on the top of his head. I quickly nodded my head, before letting out a shaky squeak, "Yes!" 

It looked as if almost the weight of the world was lifted off his shoulders. I had also never seen Austin move as fast as he when he popped up off his knee to slide the ring onto my finger. "I love you so much, Bub." I whispered, as I wrapped my arms around him, my face already buried against his chest. I felt his warm, tanned arms wrap around me too as he kissed my head. "I love you most, Munchie." 

"Congrats love birds!" Matt and Nick cheered, as the few people in the airport around us clapped for us.