Chapter Nine

Adam had been driving for the past four hours and I was completely distracted by the way Adam's arms looked while he drove. I huffed quietly, as I swiped through the music on the playlist the four of us had decided on while sipping on my Slurpee. "Whatcha lookin' at up there?" Matt taunted from behind me, and I rolled my eyes. "How pretty the sky looks." I quipped, looking through the music again before giving up and letting the playlist continue on. "Mhm, sure. The sky is also on this side as well." Matt continued, as he pointed to the passenger side window, and I quickly flipped him off and he chuckled. I rolled my eyes again before pulling out my phone and scrolling through Instagram liking a few fan photos here and there.

I was thanking God for the beautiful day as we drove into Nick and Matt's hometown. After the show tonight Adam and I had made plans to stay with Matt and Nick for the holidays, we thought it was easiest to just fly out to Japan together and then after Adam and I would just fly back to Pennsylvania. Tonight though, Adam and Kyle had a match, not for the title or anything that rematch was happening at Wrestle Kingdom 11. "So you're ringside right?" Adam glanced over at me as we hit a red light. "Mhm, you scared?" I smirked, with exaggerated flip of my hair, he laughed shaking his head. "He should be, you easily distract him." Nick smirked as patted Adam's shoulder and I chuckled as Adam's face flushed pink as he swatted Nick's hand away. "Whatever, shut up." He groaned, as he drove.

"How much longer?" I whined, as I once again attempted to stretch my legs in the car. "Half hours tops." Matt chimed from the backseat and I huffed, leaning my head against the headrest. "So whatcha wearing tonight?" Nick asked, as he swiped through something on his phone. "I'm just gonna cut one of Kyle's shirts up when I get there and maybe some shorts this time." I shrugged, and I heard a scoff from Adam, quickly glancing over at him; he had his bottom lip sucked between his teeth and his grip on the steering wheel was so tight his knuckles were white. I raised an eyebrow, "What's your problem?" I demanded, as I turned myself more towards him. "What? Nothing, Munchie. Somebody annoyed me." He mumbled, glancing over at me. "Yeah, that somebody being Kyle." Nick muttered, and I rolled my eyes. "Shut up Nick." Adam groaned again before he pulled into the parking lot. I quickly hoped out of the car, and grabbed my bags from the trunk, before making my way inside.

I dropped my bags off in my locker room, as I checked my phone. I had a couple texts from Nigel, "Addy, we need to talk when you get to the arena today." "Let me know when you've arrived, darling." Confused as to why Nigel and I had to chat today, but I texted him back nonetheless, "In my dressing room, meet you in your office." I huffed, sliding my phone, back into my pocket before jogging down to Nigel's office.

________________

I stood with Kyle at the gorilla as we watched the show, I was dressed in my black ring shorts, and I was in the midst of tying the knots up the sides of Kyle's shirt that I had cut up. "You okay?" Kyle asked, looking down at me, I nodded my head without looking up. I heard Kyle sigh, before leaning against the one wall as Adam and the Bucks made their way to the curtain. I glanced up at the sound of Adam talking about something, Adam looked over his shoulder and smirked slightly at me before his music hit and they disappeared past the curtain. I finished tying up the shirt and started walking back towards catering to grab a water. I sipped on it slowly as I sat at one of the empty tables in the corner and Kyle slid in next to me. "You ready for tonight?" Kyle asked, and I shrugged. "As I'll ever be. Let's go pretty boy." I chirped, standing up as we walked back towards the gorilla.

SuperKliq had cut their promo basically calling Kyle a nonexistent champion before Kyle's music hit and he rushed to the ring. I took my sweet old time walking to ring, Kyle's title over my shoulder and a mic in my hand. I slowly climbed onto the ring apron, a smirk etched in my face. "Nice to see you again, Honey Bunches." I smiled, slipping between the ropes, Adam scoffed as made a move towards me, and I smiled. "Not so fast, Honey Bunches." I winked, leaning against the turnbuckle. "Now as I recall it, you've been talking this big game about how you're so much better than Kyle for months now; so let's see if you can live up to the hype, honey." I taunted, as reached back to swing at me, and casing me to only laugh. "Now, now save all the fighting spirit for Kyle, pretty boy." I smiled, as I dropped the microphone as I turned Kyle around and kissed him, waayy over-dramatically. Some seconds later, his hands were cupping my ass, my fingers knotted in his hair as I hiked one of my legs up around Kyle's waist; the crowd hollering and I could make out a few wolf whistles as I separated myself from Kyle and leaned against his chest; the biggest mistake was looking at Adam after that kiss, his eyes darkened and his jaw was clenched tightly as he bounced on the balls of his feet while rolling his neck.

"This is Ring of Honor's main event, for the Ring of Honor World Championship!" The announcer bellowed from the middle of the ring as Adam stared Kyle and I down; Kyle's arm snaking around my waist tightly as I grinned. "In the corner to my left, the challenger, representing the Bullet Club, weighing in at 210 pounds, accompanied to the ring by the Young Bucks, Adam Cole BayBay!" He bellowed as Adam threw his hands in there as the crowd chorused the 'BayBay' with him, chewing on the inside my cheek to hide my smile. "And in the corner to my right, Ring of Honor World Champion, weighing in at 207 pounds, accompanied to the ring by Addy, Kyle O'Reilly!" He bellowed again and I clapped loudly for Kyle as the rest of the crowd cheered. I quickly slid out of the ring as the Bucks did, once our feet hit the ground the bell chimed and the match was on.

The two men circled each other a few times, making a couple lunges at each other. Adam finally grew annoyed with the whole thing, as he landed a clean drop kick to Kyle's jaw, and I winced Kyle staggered to his knees. Kyle clutched his jaw as Adam did a running a knee, resulting in Kyle slamming his back in the mat and Adam standing above him, "ADAM COLE BAY BAY!" He shouted, as the crowd threw their arms up in the air with him, I scoffed flipping my hair over my shoulder as I Kyle scooted his way back to his corner where I was leaning against the apron. "You got this Kyle." I whispered to him as he looked down at me, rubbing his jaw; he only nodded before clamoring back to his feet. I glanced up in time to see Adam wink at me and I rolled my eyes, as I started clapping for Kyle; the crowd instantaneously joining in and which resulted in all three members of Bullet Club, rolling their eyes and covering their ears.

The two men quickly locked up, and Kyle quickly gained the upper hand as he drove Adam into the corner with a series of kicks and punches. The crowd getting louder with every hit that Kyle laid on Adam and I sucked in a deep breath as I glanced over at the Bucks as their eyes flicked at me and then back at Adam a smirks on their faces. Adam quickly ducked out of the ring and jumped down to the floor as the Bucks surrounded him. The three of them stumbled a couple feet from the ring as they tried to help Adam re-group. This was a history making match for Adam, if he won he'd be the first three-time Ring of Honor champion, and I couldn't be more proud of my best friend. Kyle stood in the middle of the ring bouncing from foot to foot, waiting for Adam to get back in the ring realizing that wasn't happening anytime soon he ran the ropes twice before diving between middle and top ropes, landing directly on the three other men as they all tumbled to the floor in a heap and I jogged over in time to see Kyle pop up from the mess of men, clutching Adam by his hair as he tossed him back into the ring. The crowd cheering louder and louder for Kyle as he disappeared under the ring and coming back up with a chair. Adam slowly staggered to his feet, twisting his wrists as he shook his head in an attempt to clear the fuzz from his head. I quickly slid into the ring and standing between Adam and Kyle as he raised the chair to crack Adam in the back with it. I threw my hands up to stop him, "Kyle don't it's not worth it!" I yelled and his nostrils only flared more, "Just give me the chair, you want a clean win don't you?" I asked him, and he only nodded before handing me the chair.

Awicked grin spread out on my face as the Young bucks jumped onto the apron andKyle looked around before I cracked him in the arm with the chair and thenagain in his side as he crumbled to his knees. The crowd grew silent in shockas I continuously cracked Kyle with the chair. He was in heap in the middle ofthe ring, my ears were ringing I could faintly hear the Bucks cheering me on."Sparky! Stop." Adam yelled from behind me, but I ignored him as Istill cracked Kyle in the back. "Sparky, that's enough!" Adam yelledonce again his arms snaking around me, trapping my arms as my hands releasedthe chair. "Sparky, stop." He whispered again in my ear, beforeletting me go and I rolled my neck before sliding out of the ring with theBucks. Adam only slid the chair out of the ring before he flipped Kyle onto hisback and went for the pin, "1..! 2..! 3!" The ref yelled and the bellrang. "And the winner of the match and new Ring of Honor World Champion,Adam Cole BayBay!" The announcer bellowed as Matt and Nick slid into thering and rolled Kyle out before they helped Adam to his feet, I quicklyfollowed after snatching the title off the table where I had left it. I handedit over to Adam, as he laced his one arm around my waist. The four of us heldup the 'Too Sweet' as the crowd stood silent as to what had transpired. Adam pulledme tighter to him, and I only grinned up at him. He glanced down at me andwinked before yelling out, "ADAM COLE BAYBAY!"I