Chapter Four

I sat between Adam and Kyle at our little table. The Bucks had gone back into the back to go to the restroom, leaving us alone in the dimly lit corner of the diner we had agreed to go to this morning. I pulled out my phone, and began playing a game as Kyle slung his arm around me tucking me as close as possible. I smiled softly at the body heat, glancing up at the sound of Adam scoffing. "What's the matter?" I asked, even if I hadn't glanced up I'd already picked up on his shift in moods. Adam shook his head and reached out to grab a glass and the pitcher from the waitress as the brothers made their return. I raised my eyebrow curiously at him before returning to my game.

"So Addy.." Kyle trailed off, before I looked up at him, eyebrow raised. "Do you wanna hang out tomorrow? Everyone has the day off and I was thinking about going exploring." He suggested. "Yeah sure, I was only gonna play a crazy amount of video games with Adam." I answered. "But- we've planned that for months, Munchie." Adam groaned, hands tightening around the glass of beer he was clutching. I looked over at him, a small pout on his lips and annoyance in his eyes. I huffed, "Adam, it's fine. We can play video games tonight or sometime during the week." I told him, shrugging it off. Adam rolled his eyes, before he slid out from his chair, and stalked off towards the front door, probably just going to get some fresh air. I shook my head, before scooting closer to Kyle considering the diner we were in was drafty as hell and I was a generally cold person.

"What's his problem?" Matt questioned as he sipped on his soda. I shrugged, shaking my head. "He's an idiot that's what." Nick answered with a chuckle. I huffed again, sipping on my drink as Adam slid back into his spot next to me. "So anything in particular you wanna do tomorrow?" Kyle asked, I shrugged. "I could go for a hike." I smiled up at him, I heard a quiet scoff from next to me, peeking over to look at Adam I saw his arms over his chest, hand grasping his beer, his face in a permanent death glare at Kyle. I shook my head, as the waitress came over taking. "Are you guys ready to order or do you need a few minutes?" She started, as she glanced around the table at all of us, she noticed my head leaned against Kyle's side, and his arm slung tightly around me and she smiled. "You two are adorable, by the way." She complimented, which resulted in Adam letting out the biggest huff I've ever heard. "Yeah, we're ready." He quipped, ordering his food, the rest of the boys following. I started picking at my nail beds again, "She'll have a chocolate milkshake and french fries." Adam voiced, picking up my menu and handing it to the young girl, I smiled softly and continued picking at my nails. "I'm pretty sure Addy's a big girl and can order for herself, Cole." Kyle spoke up, leaning forward; his arm detaching from my side so he could put his elbows on his table his body already turning more towards Cole. "Pretty disrespectful, if I do say so myself." Kyle smirked. Adam leaned back, his eyes narrowing. "Sounds like a more personal problem, that I know her better." He huffed out. Kyle rolled his eyes, "We all know you're only getting huffy because Addison isn't hanging out with you tomorrow." Kyle declared, smirk etched on his face. My head snapped up at the sound of my name, Adam's blue eyes widened before he opened his mouth to say something before he shut it and settled for crossing his arms over his chest. "If it's such a big deal, I can play video games with y-" I started, but Kyle cut me off, "No you're not. You said you wanted to go hiking with me." Kyle explained and Adam lost it. "Well, you knew she had plans with me!" Adam whisper-shouted. "I guess she just enjoys my company more!" Kyle sneered, I could actually see the steam coming from Adam's ears. "That is absolute bullshit. Isn't it Munchie? You like me better right?" Adam said, he's voice getting lower after he used my nickname, I looked up wide eyed. "What? I'm not apart of this. I'll play video games with you tonight and hike with Kyle tomorrow. It's not a big deal, Adam." I told them. He scoffed, "No, it's whatever. Go hike." I sighed.

I looked over to the two brothers, completely oblivious to the argument at hand, Nick held up a camera as Matt started playing games with their knives, I smiled. I quickly slid past Kyle and onto the other side, situating myself between the two and joining Matt with the knives. Matt held his hand out flat as I darted the knife in between his fingers, Nick taping it for an upcoming episode of "Being the Elite." Giggles falling from my lips every time Matt winced as the knife came closer to one of his fingers. I looked over to Adam during the game, his jaw clenched in anger and he was swiping away angrily on his phone. I sucked in bottom lip, as the waitress came over with our tray of food, placing it down in front of the designated person. "So Adam since you don't have any plans tomorrow, you wanna hang out with us?" Nick offered, chewing on his french fries. Adam shrugged, "Yeah, whatever." He muttered, not looking up from his food. I looked down, sipping on my chocolate milkshake. "Aw come on, we can play video games with you, bud." Matt chuckled, nudging his shoulder into Adam's; he only let a breath of air, as he forced a grin. "Yeah, maybe."

___

The ride back to our hotel was rather quiet and uneventful. I had convinced, Matt to let me drive the car so I was up front with him. Adam slid in behind my seat, I looked in the rear view mirror, as I buckled up. I had just assumed that Adam would like pissed, quite the opposite. He was pouty, arms crossed over his chest, sad baby blues, and to top it off he avoided all contact with me except for when I let him have the rest of my milkshake. I sighed softly, shaking the thoughts from my head, as I backed out of our space, and pulled onto the road. "Please don't kill us sweetheart." Matt laughed, I rolled my eyes. "My driving isn't that bad, guys. I used to drive Adam around all the damn time in high school and he's just perfect." I joked, looking back at him, he let out a breathy laugh before rolling his eyes. I huffed, the Bucks and Kyle joked around the whole time; I however opted to stay silent the rest of the way considering Adam was being a dick. I pulled into a parking spot outside the hotel and quickly shut the car off and climbed out, grabbing my bags from the trunk and marching into the hotel and up to Adam's room before anyone could even think to say anything to me.

Adam came up shortly, huffier than earlier today. I was sat on the bed I had claimed the other day when we all arrived. "What's your problem tonight?" I questioned before he could even shut the door. "I don't have a problem, Munchie." He said, flatly, tossing his bag alongside mine as he collapsed on his own bed, I rolled my eyes. "Then why're you huffy?" I asked. "Ribs are bruised." I rolled my eyes. "Liar." I muttered, before climbing off my bed and into the bathroom.

It had been a couple hours since Adam and I hadsaid anything to each other, he regretfully let me have the remote to the tv,so I could peacefully watch some awful sitcoms. All our lights were out in ourroom, the only light in our room was from the tv and Adam's phone. I felt myanxiety rise as Adam shut off his phone and turned and faced opposite me in hisbed. "Adam, did you lock the door?" I whispered. "Thinkso." "Can you double check?" I questioned and he huffed."You do it, you're closer." He groaned, I quickly got out of bed,double checking the lock on the door, and opting out of sleeping in my bedalone, I walked over to Adam's. I slowly began to slide under the covers, justas I was about to curl into him, he shook his head, sticking his arm out, so Icouldn't slide in any further. "No, go stay in Kyle's bed." Hemuttered, I rolled my eyes, and slapped the back of his head. "Oof."He moaned, his hand jolting to rub the freshly slapped spot. I pushed his armout of the way, and climbed in next to him. "Shut up, I'm trying tosleep." I muttered, Adam let out a sigh. "You don't listen, Munchie."