Chapter Two

It was almost funny to think how Adam and I "reconnected." We had basically grown up together despite the slight age gap. After Adam moved away I decided to go to a community college while training to become a wrestler. That way if I got badly injured in the future and couldn't do what I loved, I'd have a degree to fall back on. Unfortunately by the time I started performing at shows, Adam was on a completely different level than me and was traveling all the time. So we got to see each other even less, besides the occasional time I would make an appearance at PWG. Then the unfortunate happened... Adam was out for months from his surgery, I hadn't realized until I came out of my room one afternoon, hearing my parents talking to someone loudly, obviously having the time of their lives.

"Sweetie! Guess who came to visit?!" My mother called out to me, excitement laced in her tone. I let out a huff of air before yawning with a long stretch. Figuring it was just one of my family members I didn't bother to throw a shirt over my sports bra and Victoria's Secret sweatpants. Quickly padding into the kitchen, I rounded the corner as I instantaneously stopped in my tracks. I closed my eyes, immediately regretting not grabbing the shirt by my door to throw on. I took a deep breath, hopefully this won't be to awkward on my hand. Just play it cool, Addy. Your ring gear is 110% more revealing than what you have on. "Hey." I yawned, giving a small wave as I grabbed a diet Pepsi from my fridge. In the meantime Mr. Manbun delightedly turned around

"Hey Munchie." I rolled my eyes, grinning at the nickname. "H-hi." I stuttered out softly. I swallowed harshly, suddenly feeling extremely self conscious as Adam slowly checked me over, his bottom lip sucked in between his teeth. I looked down, avoiding eye contact at all costs as I felt my whole face heat up, I already knew I most likely was bright red. I wrapped my arms around myself in a futile attempt to hide some of my body, resulting in my boobs press together and I internally groaned. "I missed hangin' with you, Munchie." He uttered quietly, he took two paces towards me and swallowed me up in a tight, bone-crushing hug. I smiled, wrapping myself around him as tightly as I could; my body relaxing almost instantaneously relaxing into his. "I s-suppose I m-missed you too." I joked. I gave up trying to stop the inevitable stutter that bestowed on me for the time being. I quickly wriggled out of his grasp, walking to take a seat next to my mom, walking in to the corner of my table and then into the counter. I couldn't help myself around him, always nervous and ready to get down my knees for him. Fuckin' crushes man. He rolled his eyes as he took his spot at the table. Thankful, nobody decided to poke fun at the fact that Adam in a matter of seconds had reduced me to a stuttering idiot who apparently forgot how to not walk into things.

After hours of catching up with Adam, my parents had decided it was time for them to head out, saying our goodbyes they hastily left. I watched as their car as they pulled out of my driveway, before driving away. "So... we're alone." Adam sighed out before plopping down on my over-stuffed armchair. "Thanks for putting a shirt on by the way, Munchie." Adam grinned at me with a wink, as I collapsed on my matching couch. I rolled my eyes at him, flicking him off. "W-whatever." I muttered, I shot him a glare as well before taking a giant swig of my beer. He just shook his head.

"So whatcha up to?" I questioned, with a wiggle of my eyebrows suggestively causing Adam to just about choke on his beer with a laugh. I only smirked, leaning up on my elbows to get a better view of his scruffy face, I noticed a few strands of his long hair were falling from his signature man bun and I had to bite down on the inside of my cheek to keep from whiting at wondering what it would be like to play with his hair and twist it between my fingers. I groaned a the fact that my cheeks were probably permanently stained pink from this entire day being spent with Adam.

He quickly raised a quizzical eyebrow at me before shrugging off the zoned out look on my face. "Well, ROH is good, but I'll be out for awhile with this." He gestured to his splinted arm. I nodded, "I'm sorry Adam." I murmured, my pointer finger subconsciously tracing around the rim of my beer as I sat up fully. "It is what it is." He shrugged, drinking more of his beer. I chewed down on my lip, "W-well if you e-ever wanted when y-you're free you c-could travel w-with m-me to my s-shows." I offered, glancing between him and my nail beds. "I might have to take you up on that offer, Munchie." Adam grinned at me.

He continued on about his travels with Ring of Honor, and the Young Bucks. He mentioned certain things he missed about traveling, but most of things he mentioned that he missed were things about home and being here. I would nod here and there so he knew I was still listening, how could I not be his voice was like an oxygen pump to me. I hung on his every word as I gazed at him, taking in all his features. Adam had grown up a lot in travels.

Hehad filled out a lot more, definitely more muscular and toned than I everremember; I'm not gonna complain though, again who would? I noticed the twinklein his baby blues that had never gone away every time he mentioned something heloved. His beer was sat on the little side table, closest to his splinted hand.His free hand would rub against his scruff every so often or he would twist hispull his hair out from the bun and re-do to the best of his one handed ability.I chewed on my lip, I gazed over his splinted arm noticing something the littlebit of an outline and some shading peeking out from his bandages. I knew for afact that Adam had never had a tattoo and if he did, he had to have just gottenit. "Adam, what's on your arm under the splint?" I asked,interrupting some story about terrible cheese steaks in Baltimore; chuckling tomyself no one had cheese steaks like Philly. Adam's lips broke out into a grin,but I could see some sadness in his beautiful blue eyes. "It's atattoo." He answered. "For what?" I questioned further, leaningforward in my seat. He obviously could tell how interested in it I was,"Next time sweetie." He smirked and I huffed, a pout etching its wayon my face