Chase/Conversations

Aster ran blindly through the streets in the Uchiha compound. Blood was everywhere, trickling down walls and puddling on walkways. NO! No! Her being was screaming, but she was silent as the night, discounting the echoing tap of her footsteps. This isn't happening! It's exactly like before...!Her mind drifted between past and present in a dizzying manner. One second she saw her brother and parents laying still in the darkness, the next the shapes of dead Uchiha who littered the floor. The awful smell of death and blood was all too familiar and sickening. How could I let Sasuke-chan walk into this?! She screamed at herself mentally. Suddenly, finding him was her only priority. "Sasuke.. Sasuke-chan!" her voice cut through the night. "SASUKE-CHAN!" she screamed, her voice becoming hoarse. Another scream rang out in reply, and she could understand the word, 'Nii-san'. Her heart raced. Could Itachi be in danger too? If he was unable to defend himself, was there anything she could do? "Itachi-kun, Sasuke-chan!" she called again in desperation. Silence met her shrieks. The buildings blurred, becoming one as she careened wildly through the maze of homes.

oOoOoOo

Itachi stood, watching Sasuke tremble in terror. It was clear that he had reached his breaking point. It hurt to do it, but he knew he must if he wanted his brother to survive. He activated the mangekyo sharingan, prepared to destroy the innocence and joy of Sasuke's childhood. The illusion began, and even though it was killing him, he smirked, adding to the horror. Sasuke screamed in agony, trapped in the world he had created. As the genjutsu ended, Aster's wails reached his ears. Sasuke stood with a glazed look, apparently unaware of what was going on anymore. Itachi glared, the last person he wanted to come here now was Aster. He didn't want to hurt her too, he wasn't even sure he could do it. But as her calls grew louder and her footsteps came closer, he knew he had to, or she would suffer the same fate as those on the ground around him.

Itachi woke up with the dawn, not that it was unusual. He sighed, knowing he would have to train Aster. She would be hyper and annoying. But after the initial shock of being reunited with her in the morning, he would find the slight humor in her antics, whether he wanted to or not. Wearily, he got dressed slower than usual, not sure whether he was dreading the day or anxiously waiting for her company.

Aster pried her eyes open. She gasped in horror as she took in her surroundings. The stone room was stained with blood whose age she could not guess, even though it had recently been cleaned. The smell clung in the air, unphased by the absence of the dead and dying. Gazing at herself, she realized she was chained to the wall.

Aster ripped at the shackles violently with one arm. The chain clanged as it pulled viciously at her wrist, causing her to whimper in pain. Fatigue was overwhelming. The night came to her slowly. She had run out into the darkness, hoping for the impossible, and then been ambushed. What was I thinking?! Her body ached; they had not been gentle when they had transported her unconscious form. Not to mention the horrible throb in her neck where Kisame had hit the pressure too hard.

She slumped, letting the chains hold her hands above her head. Her mind reeled; she didn't know what to think. Questions floated through her like feathers in the breeze. Where am I? What will Itachi think? Will he even notice I'm gone? What about Sasuke-chan? All questions she didn't have answers for.

As she sat limply, the door creaked open. Aster glanced up through her bangs, curious, but wary.

Itachi made his way down the hall at a snail's pace. He was at her door sooner than he liked. Knocking loudly, he waited.

No answer.

He glared at the wood, as if it would make her appear. It annoyed him even more when she didn't. He knocked again, more forcefully.