Fourteen - Remember Me - I

|Fourteen - Remember Me - I|

-

'i wanna fall inside your ghost'

-

It's an indescribable feeling when your balled fist makes contact with the most powerful person you had ever come in contact with.

It gets even better when no one can do anything to stop you. Because along with that other person- you are powerful. 

It's a feeling that bubbles up to the surface and explodes- and with the mere shred of her defenses, I busted.

My heartbeat was rapidly beating in my chest. My uneaven pulse seemed to cheer on my anger filled fit and I screamed at the other commander. 

The grounders were all still- for once, silent. They hadn't seen this side of me, nearly no-one had. I'd imagined that this was the first time in their lives that anyone had challenged their commander in a such anger-fueled and unexpected way.

But this wasn't about the grounders.

This was about Lexa. This was about my home- the ark being destroyed because we simply were not born here.

And my bones grew a thick rose bush. My anger was the blossomed red flowers that were beautiful in a strange way- a way no-one really knew how it existeded. My bones, myself, was covered in thorns, sharp and jagged, ripping flesh, my hatered- the deep green thorns.

The plant was beautiful to the grounders- to the ark. But it strangled and consumed my very being as rose petals danced in front of my vision as they fell, covering my sight in a film of dead roses- the vines of the flower echoing onto the landscape in front of me and exposing only the thorns wrapped around my riged bones.

Only the thorns.

Only the hatred.

"I'm going to kill you, I swear to the gods- so fucking help me." I whispered to Lexa as I held her face in my hands, and in full honesty, ready to snap her dainty neck. "These are my people- mine. If you want me here you do not get to send me off- you do not trick me or lie to me."

Lexa drew in a breath, pulling her face from my grip and latching her hands onto mine. "Grey. You need to calm down."

Her voice was so quite. Dainty and small for such a leader, for anyone held at such a high regard. She was supposed to be the strongest the fiercest, but there she stood. Calm yet sad, her hands crushing the thorns.

She didn't look like a leader right now. Not to the grounders, not to the Ark, and certainly not to me.

"Calm down?" I asked through my teeth, my voice growing louder by the syllable. "CALM DOWN? You're trying to kill them, aren't you? You are trying to hide me for your own agenda while the people I care about die. You self-serving bitch."