Six - Many Happy Returns

-

-

|Six - Many Happy Returns|

-

I twisted the ring around my finger as Emrys and I walked along under the natural light of the sun. We had been walking for nearly two days now. My knee had gotten it's shit together, finally.

"How much further?" I asked, looking around the green that seemed to never end.

"Nearly there. Should be no longer than dusk."

In the few days of traveling with my 'guide' I had learned next to nothing about him- his past. But he had made it very clear that he was grateful. 

So we just continued to walk. It seemed like earth was just a huge forest at this point. It made me sick.

"So, Em. What was that whole 'I'm not a coward' thing with Anya back there?" I asked. "Anything I should know?"

"She sees me as a coward. I refused to murder your people and it backfired. I told her that we shouldn't kill any of you, you're group? Just a bunch of ignorant children. I suggested we take you in- teach you our ways. But the was the opposite of what Anya wanted from you and your people." He explained. Emrys picked up a small rock, and tossed it infront of us. It hit a tree, leaving an ugly dent in it.

I sighed, pushing hair out of my face and looking forward, near where the sun sat. "Lexa better be at this 'Polis'."

-

The sky had started turning different shades of reds and purples when I finally saw it- Polis. Emrys and I stood infront of a large tower, that from a distance, could pass as the same height as one of the mountains. 

We were let in, almost immediately, and Emrys led the way- seeing as it was all just a gigantic maze to me. 

We had reached some room that was closed off, and Emrys went for the door. I held my hand out, stopping him. "Should I just go back?" I whispered to him. 

He shook his head. "Its too late to go back, now." He proceeded to open the door. Lexa stood a bit away, and her face was one of pure shock as her eyes settled on me. She threw down the knife she had been sharpening, and rushed over to me.

"Grey!" She gasped, ushering us inside. "Where have you been?"

"Uhm. . . Those mountain men?" I suggested. "They're sick people. And we got out."

My eyes gazed around the room. There was a long, red carpet that led straight to a throne, man of twigs and branches. Candle-filled chandeliers covered the room and other random- seemingly pointless, artifacts laying around the room.

I watched Lexa, as her brows furrowed. Her gaze fell on the still prominent bruise around my neck as she led me to a seat off to the side of the room, and looked to me. "I got out, with Emrys, he helped me get here. Clarke and Anya, they got out of the mountain, weather they're alive of not, I don't know."

Lexa sighed, just slightly, as she looked to one of the large, open windows to her left. "I see. . ." She trailed off, before turning back to me. "You must be tired."

I nodded, a small, sarcastic remark hidden behind my teeth. Lexa stood, offering me her hand. I took it, taking note of the burn-marks and small callouses as we walked up to Emrys. "Commanders." He stated simply, straightening his form. 

"Emrys, please take Grey up to the second-commanders room, and allow her to rest. We will be traveling tomorrow, and I expect both of you rested and ready by midday." She began walking away, before turning her head back the slightest. "And, Emrys? You will assume the position as Grey's official guard, that is, unless, either of you would like to reject."

We both shook our heads, and Lexa gave a small smirk to the agreement. 

I followed Emrys as he wove through the maze of a tower once more, reaching a large, extravagant room. Despite the warm colours and inviting nature of the room, it was stiff, as if no one had touched it in years.

There was a large bed, smack in the middle of the room. The blanket was made of leather and furs, woven and sewn together. There was a large balcony that lead to the edge of the building. It looked down at the people below. There were chairs, some tables, and hundreds of candles around the room.

I walked in, grazing my hand across the fur of the blanket and looking to Emrys, who stood at the door. "You need sleep, too." I stated, sitting on the bed.

"And I'll get some." He nodded at a long, couch-like bed that lay adjacent to the door. "See you in the morning, commander."

With that, he shut the odd doors (which reminded me of the ark), and left me alone.

Despite the blinding light reaching me through the heavy curtains, I settled in the large bed, and fell quick to sleep. I felt safe, safer than I've felt since Bellamy. . .

I just want to go home. And as much as I wish it was, this place with Lexa? This wasn't it.

-

IM THINKING ABOUT ADDING ANOTHER PERSPECTIVE BECAUSE I FEEL SO BAD FOR THE CHAPTERS BEING SO SHORT