imagine #8 You meet at bar

I walked into a bar, unaware of what awaited for me inside. I was in search of my boyfriend. We had gotten into an argument about how he hardly spent any time with me. He simply sent a breakup text and left that to be it. I knew what he did when he was upset; that was drink off until he was face flat on the ground. 

We hadn't been together for a long time but it didn't stop me from worrying about his whereabouts. He wasn't the best boyfriend either; from the start I knew it would end bad. I debated whether to step any further into this place or just go home. He really wasn't worth chasing after, but the fear of being guilty if something happened to him was eating at my scalp. 

I looked at the few electric signs and at the stained brick walls. I sighed and pushed my way through the crowd of drunk people. This place irked of smoke and tobacco. I was being shoved around by tattooed girls with nose piercings and big men who held glasses of beer in their big palms. I stumbled back and took a grip of the nearest object. A gasp escapes my lips as I land in the arms of a tall handsome man. I am speechless at first but as soon as his green eyes settle in, my throat eases and I find my alphabet. 

"Excuse me, I'm so sorry about that" I apologize quickly. His hands grip my shoulders and he holds me steady.

"You alright?" he asks. His deep English accent seems to flow beneath me and carry me. It's raspy, was it the smoking or was it naturally that way? Before I can think of an answer he's helping me take a seat. 

"You look tense love, have a drink" he says commanding the bartender for another drink. I take a deep breath and cough. I'm not used to so much smoke that my eyes begin to water. 

"I-Don't drink I'm sorry" I say and I'm not sure why I even apologize. He raises his left eyebrow and gives me a stunned expression.

"What are you doing here then?, this is a bar, you are aware of that. correct?"His voice continues to sway me. I nod and watch the way he studies my apparel and body language. I frown because I see the slight disappointment in his face when he notices I'm not dressed like everyone in the room.

"I came looking for my ex, we ended badly and I'm afraid he could get hurt" I finally respond. To my surprise he chuckles in response. 

"He's a big boy, he can take care of himself. Besides if he's running around through here I can reassure you it's not good business" He seems so sure of his words and I want to tell him that I know my ex well enough to know he wouldn't be messing around with dangerous people; then again- I had no idea who the hell he was. It was the reason we broke up. So I simply ask

"What do you mean?" My voice sounds hoarse. 

"Well, this a a pub filled with gangsters love, what do you expect?" his lips turn into a smirk and I can see pearly whites. I am speechless once again and my brows knit together as he sets his cigarette down. Before he can say or do anything else I spot my ex tangled between the arms of two very tall and slim brunettes. 

A sigh escapes my lips in surrender. Who was I kidding, he was not a serious guy, I had set my expectations too high, I suppose. At least I knew he was okay. The handsome man notices my relief. 

"Seems like you should stop waiting for him. He disappears on you, you disappear on him. Right?" he smirks at me once more. I can't help but give him a smile, I bite my lip quickly hoping he didn't notice. 

"You're a nice gal, you could find a a new lad easily" he says almost sure of it.

Wait- was this his way of flirting with me?

"I'm not one to give any type of relationship advice but I do know a bastard when I see one, and him right there-" he pauses referring to my ex

"is definitely a bastard" he sighs and takes a seat on the stool. I take a seat next to him. He hands me the drink he had ordered me at first. I swallow it easily and his shocked reactions causes me to giggle. 

"What? never seen a girl take a shot that easily?" I ask with a smirk placed on my face this time. 

"I'm Harry" he finally introduces himself and he takes my small hand into his bigger one for us to shake. 

"I'm (y/n)" I say letting go of his hand.