Epilogue - Saved By A Virus

The setting sun of Tokyo shone into his office.

Kim Namjoon was looking out of the window and enjoyed the sight of healthy and happy people walking down the streets.

Today was a big day.

Today was the ceremony to honour a few, very important survivors from the South Korean epidemic.

It has been about a week since they lived in Tokyo and slowly but surely many Korean refugees have been divided onto other Asian or mostly European country.

Other were shipped over to America or Canada but the majority of people found a new home in Japan, China, Great Britain or the Scandinavian countries.

Diana was sleeping peacefully in a little cat bed next to his desk and her bell rang softly when she moved in her sleep.

Namjoon was still surprised everybody, he had invented, has come today.

The ceremony would be in about two minutes.

He already had prepared his speech and the survivors were here and waited in a guest room.

Someone knocked on the door.

"Come in, please" he said and didn't have to turn around to know who was there.

"Doctor Kim?"

Heather stood in the door frame and looked at the slender figure of her employer. The sun shone through the window, beams of light framed his outlines and he would have looked so attractive. But knowing what kind of person hid behind that handsome smile made Heather shrink on the inside.

She clutched the door knob.

"Everything is ready. The survivors had prepared their speeches and the guest have already filled the room. We are only waiting for your opening"

Diana's bell was ringing lowly when she stretched and stood up. Without a sound she ran out of the room, Heather looked after the black fured creature.

When she looked back, the Doctor was standing right in front of her.

She suppressed an angsty squeak.

"Thank you. Please take a seat when we arrive. I follow you"

She nodded and went into the direction where the big hall was.

She remembered that this very hall was the place, where Doctor Kim had his speech before the epidemic occurred.

A shiver ran down her spine. Remembering that event she felt as if the Doctor might have known everything before they did.

She went into the big room, where everyone was talking quietly and the people waited for the event to begin. Journalists and TV news reporter were in the back of the room.

She sat down next to Kyoungjae. He took her hand and intertwined their fingers. Next to them was Than and he was seemingly excited as he saw the Doctor entering the room.

Against his excitement Heather's uncomfortableness grew even more.

Doctor Kim took place behind the counter and looked at the microphone.

The crowd calmed down, everyone was silent and the Doctor began to speak.

"Greetings"

He stood straight and folded his hands.

"It has been exactly thirteen days after the epidemic of South Korea. An event we won't be able to forget as long as we live"

Heather saw a few men in a separated row. She recognized one brown haired boy with big, empty eyes. She had seen him on the tapes, had seen him cry over his friend and maybe even lover.