Chapter 1: "Let's get down to business, shall we?"

"Hey my little boy!"
"Moooom stop that" Jungkook laughed.
The smiling face of his mother shone through her webcam and the Skype connection on his laptop screen.
"How has your traveling been? Without problems? Or were there any issues? Have you seen Uncle Shindong yet?"
Before Jungkook could answer he heard steps behind him.
"Jungkook have you already- oh, hi Mrs. Jeon"
His mother smiled at the person behind Jungkook through her webcam.
"Hello Taehyung"
Jungkook shook his head and smiled his bunny-boy-smile.
"No, there were no problems. Don't worry. And we haven't seen the Uncle yet. Yangsan isn't that small like you maybe assume"
"I've been there many more times than you have been, little Mister. You're not telling me something new"
Jungkook wasn't able to stop smiling.
He  knew himself that it could be two lonely weeks even if he had his  friend Taehyung with him to visit his uncle and his fiancée.
Those  were the first two weeks he was away from his home in Seoul and his  parents, and he was more than relieved when his right hand, and best  friend since always, Kim Taehyung agreed to travel with him.
"Your  uncle must be really a womanizer, huh? Maybe he will give you some  advices" Taehyung had said but Jungkook had shaken his head.
"Stop  that. My aunt just did something really bad and he found another nice  woman sooner than expected. There is no way my uncle is a ... whatever you  call him"
"But you don't know that yet!"
Jungkook had felt a few  days before the beginning of their journey, that this has been the only  reason Taehyung came with him, but after a few times of clearly  weighting the arguments why and why not it is like that, he agreed that  is was not the case.
Just ... why on earth should Tae prefer an almost old man's flirting advices over his own older friend's ones?

Jungkook  calmed himself and the traveling by train was pretty okay. Taehyung and  him had nice places to sit and sleep and the journey wasn't that long  as expected.
Their hostel was clean and comfortable. They had to cook  their own food, but it was okay. The price was fair and they had a roof  above their heads, so no one was complaining.
Jungkook's uncle's  apartment was enough for two people, but four were too many and so his  suggestion for an own room in a hostel for the two boys was accepted by  Jungkook's mother. He had no brothers and no sisters, so his mother hang  at him and slowly had to accept the fact that her only little chap was  about to grow up. It was still hard for her, but her brother handled it  easier.
"Let them boys be. Jungkook is 18. He is a man. And his  friend is 20. They can be for themselves for two weeks, don't be so  anxious, those boys are adults"

And so she had accepted it, but compromised on one skype call or text message the day.
Like now.
It was their first day, everything has been exhausting and everything they wanted to do is just sleep.
Taehyung looked at the clock on the wall. 9.43 pm.

"Anyway" Jungkook's mum began one more time.
"I'm glad to hear everything went well. I'm very relieved that I don't have to worry about my boy getting lost in the traffic"
"I'm not that little anymore" Jungkook sulked, but received a light punch from Taehyung on his arm.
"But you look so young anyway"
They laughed. The tension was relaxed.
Jungkook heard through his mother's microphone the doorbell ring.
"Wait  please" she said and wanted to stand up, but his father ran through the  screen and told her to sit down again and he would open the day. Today  was their 24th anniversary.
She giggled.
"Your father baked cupcakes and cake for me today but he still refuses to admit how hard it was to make the icing"
"The icing is the easiest"
"Not  for him. You should have seen the kitchen. Everything has been pink. It  was a complete mess but they were delicious so he made up their awful  looks"
Jungkook found it adorable how cute his parents acts every  year at their anniversary. Of course, they had their fights as well and  sometimes they had very long discussions, but at their anniversary they  seemed like they were newly married again.

Jungkook heard noise behind his mother.
"Mum? What's this sound?"
His mother looked worriedly above her shoulder.
"Is everything alright?" his mother asked her husband.
"Mum?" Jungkook's face expression was worried to the max.
"Mum is everything okay?"
Glass sprang. His mother stood up and looked with a serious expression into the webcam.
"I will call you later, I don't know what this is. I have to-"
Her voice was cut off from the yellings of male voices to 'open the fucking door and to put their hands on their backs' before the screen went black. The call was hung up.
"Mom!"  Jungkook pressed the call button again, just to see the message from  the Skype-Calling-System that the other client was not available right  now.
"Taehyung bring my phone"
He stared at the call window, hand gripping around the computer mouse.
Taehyung's hands were on his shoulder.
"Jungkook please try to stay calm"
"Bring me my fucking phone" the younger cussed and earned a pinch on his shoulder from the elder.
Taehyung  hurried to their backpacks and grabbed his friends, dialled Jungkook's  mother's phone number and handed him his phone back.
The younger  pressed the green button and pressed it against his ear, hearing a toot  but nothing but the mailbox answered his call.
"Shit, what is this"
Like  a maniac he was either clicking the Skype call button or the phone on  his phone, starring at the displays until he felt Taehyung's hands on  his knees.
He was crouched down and looked at his friend.
"Hey, hey, calm down. It will be nothing serious. Don't worry"
"Nothing serious?" He stared at his raven haired friend.
"Nothing  serious?  There was glass crashing and people yelling at my parents to  put their hands on their backs! This is fucking serious!"
"Shhh" Taehyung held his hands, still staring into his eyes, making the soothing silence-sound to calm him.
"Watch your blood pressure"
"I have no problems with my blood pressure, I just want-"
"Calm. Down."
Taehyung stared at him. Jungkook exhaled deeply and closed his eyes. His friend tried to keep a cool head.
"Alright.  How about calling your uncle Shindong if he is maybe able to call them?  How about that? And we try your father's phone and your land line"
Jungkook breathed through his nose and nodded.
"We can call my parents and your neighbours as well if you are that worried"
Jungkook nodded, his eyes still closed as he tried to calm himself.
"Yeah, I ... I guess we can do that"
"Alright, I can call your dad while you call your uncle, is that okay for you?"
Jungkook nodded again and reached with shaking hands for his phone.